cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevehamer
Message 1 of 3

Sub account e-mail: User name or password not recognised by iPhone

The wife has just upgraded to an iPhone 5 and her e-mail has stopped working. I can access the sub-account from 'My BT' and have tried re-setting the password. I can create another sub-account and access that one fine from her phone but not the original sub-account. The error message I get is username or password not recognised. Any ideas?

I'm tempted to delete the sub-account and try the same account name from scratch but am worried in case I can't use that account name again. Would this happen?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sub account e-mail: User name or password not recognised by iPhone

don't delete it as you may not get it back

I would try the sub account again tomorrow - there are numerous post similar to yours on the forum where email address worked ok after couple of days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sub account e-mail: User name or password not recognised by iPhone

Don't delete the email address from your BT account. If you do I don't think you can reuse it.  Delete the email account from the Iphone and then try setting it up again by following this guide.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35905/~/how-do-i-connect-an-iphone-or-ipod-touch-to-m...

If that does not help then carry out a factory restore of your Homehub by pressing a pin into the recessed button on the rear then try setting up the phone as above again.

0 Ratings