Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eccles32
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Sub email account still not brought accross to BT from Yahoo

Go to solution

A long time ago my emails addresses were migrated from Yahoo to BT. That is all but one. I have to log on separateley to find this email address. It appears in my management list but not once logged on to the rest of my emails.

I have tried the general help desk who only say they cannot help and it will be brought across soon.

Soon has been and gone many times. Is there nothing that can be done to put my emails together? I waste a lot of time logging in and out each time I check my email addresses.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
eccles32
Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Sub email account still not brought accross to BT from Yahoo

Go to solution

I received an email on 14/9/2014 which said "We've finished your move to the new BT Mail. As we promised, your emails are in the inbox and we've moved your folders and address book too. "

Which was true for  most of my email addresses. So why did one get left behind on BT Yahoo.

The help desk still say that they are not moving emails at this time. A statement they have regularly used as an excuse, but no solution in sight?

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Are you sure that the email address that you are referring to is still with BTYahoo. When you log onto the email account when you look at the BT logo does it mention BTYahoo or is it just showing BT?

Was the email account you are referring to a sub account of the same main account as the other email accounts that you have and which were migrated?

0 Ratings
eccles32
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Yes this sub account is still with BTyahoo. When I log on to my emails via the button on MY BT page I see all the others I have. I have to log out of MY BT and login in to EMAIL separately with the BTYahoo email address to see it.

It appears in the email management list.

It was always one of my email addresses since at least 2002.

No one can explain to me why is was left behind on migration in 2014. It is a real pain.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Can you confirm that the BT logo shows BTYahoo.

eccles32
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Yes it definitely says BTYahoo on this email address only. All my other email addresses just say BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

I suspect that there may be nothing that can be done because the migration of emails was stopped in 2014 and is not going to restart any time soon if indeed ever but I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Just my opinion on why the migration was stopped. BT realised there were thousands of email accounts on BT Yahoo which were never accessed, or the owners were no longer BT Broadband customers, or BT Premium Mail  customers.

Why spend time and money migrating these unpaid accounts, instead run a robotic process to delete those old accounts, until they are gone. Then what was left would be paid accounts, and could be migrated over once the deletions have taken place.

0 Ratings
eccles32
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks gg I appreciate your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Just my opinion on why the migration was stopped. BT realised there were thousands of email accounts on BT Yahoo which were never accessed, or the owners were no longer BT Broadband customers, or BT Premium Mail  customers.

Why spend time and money migrating these unpaid accounts, instead run a robotic process to delete those old accounts, until they are gone. Then what was left would be paid accounts, and could be migrated over once the deletions have taken place.

... and five years later they are still doing this! I think that BT are no doubt clearing out old email addresses but I doubt that will have been the reason for the migration to have stopped so abruptly shortly after it began but with BT anything is possible especially if it is going to cause problems for its customers.

0 Ratings