cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Sub email account still not brought accross to BT from Yahoo

Go to solution

Hi @eccles32,

Thanks for flagging to to me. That is rather peculiar but it can happen. At this moment in time, we are unable to migrate the BT Yahoo Mail account across to our other platform.

Thanks

DanielS

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

@eccles32  If you were to use a mail client rather than webmail, you would be totally oblivious to which platform your mail was on, all your accounts would be in one place, you would never need to login and logout as the client would do that for you. Oh, no adverts either.

0 Ratings
eccles32
Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

I used to use an email client but found it easier just to use BT online, as I use several devices when I am out and about during the day. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Ratings
eccles32
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

DanielS,

Thanks for the information. Hopefully one day it may happen!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

@eccles32wrote:

DanielS,

Thanks for the information. Hopefully one day it may happen!

It's not going to happen.

It was stopped in September 2014, with no reason given by BT who get aggressive when asked for reasons. I was told it was in part due to commercial reasons. It really is time they stopped these shenanigans.

In your case, it seems like the stupid migration system was pulled whilst some accounts were in the process of completing. You would have thought if the system was to be stopped, they would at least finish off an account properly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

You can set up your BT email account in webmail to act like an email client adding your BTYahoo account to it.

Log onto your BTMail account and go to settings > Mail > Accounts. Add you BTYahoo account to that and when you open the BTMail account it will also get the BTYahoo accounts emails.

If I remember correctly there will be a drop down box in the address box when you compose emails so that you can choose which of the email accounts sends the email.

eccles32
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

@gg30340 

I tried adding the email as you suggested, but it will not let me add an email "from that domain". I assume because it is already there.

I will live with it for now. Thanks for all your interest and suggestions.

0 Ratings