Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MorganaNK
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Suddenly Not Receiving Gmail Emails

Go to solution

My aunt and uncle both have Gmail accounts.  I’ve never had a problem receiving emails from them, but it turns out they have tried to email five times this week and I’ve not received any of them into my btinternet.com email.  Their messages are getting through fine to a Yahoo account of mine, and I can email them from my btinternet.com account.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on here at either end?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Suddenly Not Receiving Gmail Emails

Go to solution

You could try adding their email address to your "safe senders" list. You can find this by logging onto your email account then clicking on your username at the top right hand side then click on "settings" Once there go to "Mail" > "Safe Senders" and add their email address and click "Save".

MorganaNK
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you... I found the whole .Gmail domain was blocked, as well as some other email addresses I know nothing about... time for a password change I think.
0 Ratings
orinocowomble
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for this solution.  Does anyone know why the whole gmail.com domain suddenly became blocked from my btinternet account?  I have not done anything to cause this.  Has there been a software change/update? How do I prevent this happening again?

This has been a very frustrating experience and caused me to lose confidence in the btinternet domain.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

BT would not have placed the gmail domain in your blocked list. Only somebody with access to your account could do that either by accident or design.

It can be blocked when you are logged onto your email account when an email is highlighted and if you click on the "More" button  and select "block domain" or if you highlight the email and select "Mark as spam" > Mark as Spam and block Domain".

orinocowomble
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks.  I don't remember ever doing this, however I guess I must have done.  Another case of PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer?

0 Ratings