cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Suddenly it's spammer!

I had hardly any spam until about a week ago. When I say 'hardly any' I am guessing at about 2 in a year. These would be in my Inbox. There might have been a couple of genuine emails in my Spam box (from senders that had sent several earlier emails into my Inbox). But last Thursday I had an email in my Inbox from "Martin Lewis" about investing in bitcoins. I knew immediately it was spam; the sender's address was microsoft-noreply@microsoft.com .  Two days later I had one from "Aldi" [I get genuine emails from "Aldi UK"] The sender was azure-noreply@microsoft.com. There were two more the same day from: DRAGON'S DEN [azure-noprely@Kui37jpers.onmicrosoft.com]; Curry [microsoftstore@microsoftstoreemail.com]; next day UPS'Delivery Group [romitrade@sapo.pt]; next day Investing Information [account-security-noreply@accountprotection.microsoft.com]; two days later Martin Lewis [account-security-noreply@Brandenburgisc.onmicrosoft.com and eKrona Co|n [microsoftstore@Realschul2.onmicrosoft.com] which I accidentally opened (in trying to copy the sender so I could paste it here and it shows a reply address to kali_evanko10@hotmail.com These last two appeared in my Spam box, whereas most of the others were in my Inbox (I've moved them into my Spam box and blocked the sender). I'd love to know what I've done wrong that has alerted the spammers, but I don't suppose it's possible to find that out. Would it be a good idea to try to block anything with microsoft in the address? How can I do that? I know I should not try to unsubscribe, as that will tell them I'm alive! and reading their spam, so I'll only get more. If BT can identify them and put them in my Spam box, it's not so bad, but when they get into my Inbox, it's a bit worrying. Should I change my email address? I don't want to do that as I'd have to tell everyone in my contacts list. Does it do any harm to open any of these emails, so long as I do not reply to them in any way or try to unsubscribe from them. Nice to tell someone!

I clicked 'Post' and git this: Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

The message looks just the same to me. I don't know what is meant by "invalid HTML ".

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Suddenly it's spammer!

I have the same problem. An increasing number of emails into my Inbox, then last night 35 emails into my Spam folder, most of them so obviously spam they should never have got this far. 

Is this a common problem? I know it has happened before, but it did get sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Suddenly it's spammer!

I guess I should count myself lucky to get "only" 8 in a week.

0 Ratings