cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Sync contacts and calendar from Office 365 Outlook on web to Outlook 2016

I've just bought a new laptop, with Office 365 my old e-mail account is in Office 365 Outlook web version. I can receive and send e-mails ok but ca't get my contacts and calendar in the new outlook. Microsoft say I need IMAP settings from BT but that doesn't make any difference. BT didn't even seem to undestand the question. I've managed to get it working ok in Outlook on my phone.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sync contacts and calendar from Office 365 Outlook on web to Outlook 2016

@07710 wrote:

I've just bought a new laptop, with Office 365 my old e-mail account is in Office 365 Outlook web version. I can receive and send e-mails ok but ca't get my contacts and calendar in the new outlook. Microsoft say I need IMAP settings from BT but that doesn't make any difference. BT didn't even seem to undestand the question. I've managed to get it working ok in Outlook on my phone.

It's not clear as to what you mean by the old version being Office 365 Outlook web version.

Can you find and export the older address book manually to a USB device?

You can then import this into the new Laptop's Office 365 Outlook..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hwalker1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Hwalker1 wrote:

See: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/~/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoing-and-incomi...

from BT help.

That isn't quite what the OP is asking, having failed to obtain an answer from either BT or Microsoft.

In Office 365 there's a guide to how to import contacts, if you type into the "tell me what you want to do" field - top centre of the ribbon. The guide isn't exactly crystal clear, so more Forum help may be needed, either from here or the Microsoft Forums.

What we are not sure of is if he/she wants to export from a Outlook.com account or an earlier version of the desktop Microsoft Outlook.

0 Ratings