Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david230757
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Sync problem - any ideas?

Go to solution

I was using emclient on windows 10 but regularly found BT emails visible on other devices and the web interface weren't picked up for ages unless I exited the client and restarted it.

So I just gave up and switched to Thunderbird as the client and I'm getting exactly the same problem.

I'm on the new BT mail and checked the IMAP settings are correct, checking for new mail every 10 minutes. I also have an Office365 business account that's always worked perfectly.

Any ideas? I would switch from BT if there wasn't an extortionate charge to keep my email address.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 20

Re: Sync problem - any ideas?

Go to solution
david230757
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for yes, yes I'd checked the settings against the BT help info, silly me. The new ones are working fine but the problem has been erratic, fingers crossed.

I seem to remember using imap.btinternet.com or something similar back in the Yahoo era

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

@shaz_j 

Another example of the BT help pages being out of date and, rather then provide help and assistance, they actually mislead people

david230757
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

I've now gone reverted to eM Client but with imap.btinternet.com set as the host server. 

That's in the hope it'll fix the intermittently not sync'ing issue that led me to try Thunderbird.

It's working well so far.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

@Anonymous wrote:

@shaz_j 

Another example of the BT help pages being out of date and, rather then provide help and assistance, they actually mislead people

I have asked the moderators to bring this thread and your comment regarding the server settings and help page to the attention of the BT email team.

I will advise when they get back to me.

snaj
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

thank you so much.

Really appreciated

regards

Sandra Jones

New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Those settings and help pages are absolutely fine. Though imap.btinternet.com may work, its not recommended so I would advise against it. 

mail.btinternet.com works fine on windows 10 on eM client with these settings, it works when you use the Auto setup or the manual setup under other.

Your sync issue must be somewhere else - re-setup with the mail.btinternet.com and then if you see mails not downloading, check what happens when you press the refresh button and then do a Send and Receive All. 

0 Ratings
david230757
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

All I can say is that I had the problem on my mail and also my wife's both with eMClient on Windows 10 and then again on mine when I switched to Thunderbird.

Refreshing / send-receive all didn't fetch the missing emails or generate any error message, it just looked like a regular sync. But exiting the client and starting it up again magically produced them.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

I didn't publish those settings lightly, they have been tested on an earlier version of the Windows 10 email client (going back to when I first had the problem), two different manufactures of laptop and four different manufactures of Android phone running Outlook.

Indeed they are the settings I have used for too long to remember, they continue to function to this day and have very recently been accepted as a solution to their problems by other BT customers on this forum. I therefore stand by them.

0 Ratings