cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Synchronization Problem

12th June 2015:-  I have had problems with Synchronising my EMAil with Outlook 365 (IMAP) as only old 2014 Email show ..although at one stage last night the newer ones did download, not they have gone again fro Outlook but still held on the BT Site ..Microsoft say all my settings are OK, and BT say they have no problems?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Synchronization Problem

There have been a few glitches with email for the last couple days. Seems ok for me this morning though. See how it goes today.

0 Ratings
ajwh
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

same issue here.....

Using Thunderbird 31.7.0 - not upgraded in the last few days

Same problem with Outlook 2010.

The messages were synced yesterday, are there via web access.

0 Ratings
scha
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

I have the same problem - with Thunderbird (31.7).  Sync is not working - the messages are there in webmail, but only a rnadon chunk are downloading. I have tried on 2 different PC's; there is no problem with my gmail address, so if you are also gettng the same problem with Outlook, that tends to rule out Thunderbird as being the problem.

I suppose we shall just have to "wait and see".

0 Ratings
ajwh
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

If you look at the thread started by STX1300man, it seems as if the isssue is that IMAP sync has been changed to only sync the first 200 messages...

He's getting the issue with Windows Mail, , so it's definitely not a TB issue.

It is a REAL pain.

0 Ratings
scha
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

I have seen that thread and confirmed I have the same problem. The other thing is it seems to be random which 200 emails they decide to sync.  I have several e-mail addresses, one syncs the most recent messages, another syncs a chunk in the middle, while on a third another they are all several years old!

As you say a REAL pain.  Hopefully they will fix it soon.

0 Ratings
ajwh
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

It's getting VERY annoying.

As you say, it's random, so a message may appear in my inbox and then disappear!

0 Ratings
ajwh
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

There's something VERY nasty going on - Outlook 2010 has just given me an error of "Message UID has changed. This usually means a server error. The program may not work properly"!!!

In TB, even if the header is displayed, the message bofy may not display.

This is BT-Yahoo.

0 Ratings
nickfair
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Thanks for this Geoff.  I have been desperate all day wondering where all my emails have gone, and have wasted seven hours on the problem running scans, rebooting, uninstalling, reinstalling, checking etc..   I am buoyed by the fact that you've explained the symptom of the problem, but incandescent with rage that BT or Microsoft have caused this  (note microsoft just updated Outlook).

I can now seethat you keep any new unread emails from one sync to the next, plus 200 older emails.  Trouble is they are the 200 oldest (maybe that's something I configure) so in the big Inbox the next newest email is dated about a year ago.  Some of my folders appear to be ok, up to date, but this is because they have a size less than 200.

So who's made the change - Bt?  Or Microsoft?

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

I have the same problem BT say everything is ok, Microsoft say it is a BT problem as I am the customer someone should take owner ship of the problem
0 Ratings