cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Talk21 account - mod please please help!!

I have been unable to access my talk21.com account for nearly a year now since my last iPhone broke. The problem I have is that I changed the password so many times that I can’t 100% remember it.

Ive tried all the suggestions of these message boards and spoke to customer services for hours on end all to no avail. I can’t access it on my laptop, android device or iPhone. I’ve tried changing it to .t21 like suggested and got to the security information page (D.O.B, mother’s maiden name etc...) but still it won’t let me change the password and I just keep on getting locked out for 15-20 mins.

It’s ruining my life as it is my primary email address which I created over 20 years ago and nearly every other service I use is linked to it....Dropbox, Evernote etc.... so I am unable to access so many vital things as I can’t remember all my passwords and rely on that account to reset them.

Please can a mod DM me directly and I will give you the email address as I signed up to this forum with a gmail account so I can access any replies. If you use my first and last name you should be able to locate it and help me access it again.

Please help me I am at my wits end going round in circles and it is affecting my personal and professional lives as I depend on it so badly. If I could just get back into it I would transfer everything over to another email address and be eternally grateful.

I look forward to your reply
Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Talk21 account - mod please please help!!

@cieranb 

This is a customer to customer forum.

Are you a current BT Broadband customer, or are you paying £7.50 a month for BT Premium mail?

If not, then its almost certain that your account would have been deleted as part of the current removal of old accounts.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Suspended-or-Deleted-email-addresses/td-p/1840040

https://www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m well aware of the changes that we’re made but that email address is still definitely active, as if I try to reset the password to a made up account it tells me there is no user with those details who exists. However when I put the correct email address in it sends a password reset email and directs me to a personal detail page (DOB, postcode, mother’s maiden name) which still doesn’t give me access.

It is def still active as I had no trouble accessing it after the premium changes came into effect for months on both a desktop and my iPhone. It was only when my iPhone broke that I was unable to remember the password and now I am going round I’m circles trying to log back in as I’ve changed the password so many times and I had it set to auto remember (saved password and apple fingerprint etc)

I am unable to access over 20 years of contacts which I had linked to that account and my mother just died and I desperately need to get access to the numbers and my email address.

Will someone who is able to really help solve this problem help me get access to it as this situation is making me very distressed. Please if a moderator can help me please please get in touch and I will do anything to get back into that account.  Everything is linked to that account - Facebook, contacts, Dropbox, Evernote etc... so many things that I am lost without. It is even having an effect on my job.

Please could a moderator get in touch and help resolve this please God. Thank you, Cieran

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@cieranb 

Are you still paying the £7.50 a month for BT Premium Mail?

If you check your bank account, you should see a monthly direct debit to BT, for that amount.

Provided that you are paying, then the BT Premium Mail helpdesk should be able to reset your retails by either sending you a PIN number to your mobile, or by a letter in the post.

Message 5 of 8

Hi @cieranb can you confirm if the email address is on an active Premium Mail account? 

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Hi John as far as I know it still is. I never had any problems before my iPhone broke and forgetting my password. I will DM you some further details....thanks, Cieran

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@cieranb Thanks for clarifying that, I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thanks Neil - DM’d you

0 Ratings