Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 24

Re: Talk21 email account iPhone error: the mail server is not responding

Go to solution

I think you might need mod assistance with this, I have alerted them to your problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

Hi Licquorice, thank you!  I've tried to set up the account again this morning and still getting the same message.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @ecaclose,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems accessing your emails via your iPhone.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @ecaclose,

Thanks for sending over your details. I'll get this looked into for you but in the meantime can you check the Updating your BT email settings  page and let me know if that helps?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Hi David,

Thank you.  I have tried this and it comes up saying "cannot get mail - the username or password are in correct".  I have logged into the web browser every day since Sunday and I can access my emails with no issues, however, it still will not add the account to either my iPhone or Mac.  

Thanks,

Ella

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks for trying that @ecaclose. We'll pick up your details and will be in touch. We deal with cases in turn so as soon as you reach the top of the queue we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

@ecaclosewrote:

Hi David,

Thank you.  I have tried this and it comes up saying "cannot get mail - the username or password are in correct".  I have logged into the web browser every day since Sunday and I can access my emails with no issues, however, it still will not add the account to either my iPhone or Mac.  

Thanks,

Ella

As you've tried the usual methods to try to get the account working on iPhone/Mac (assuming that all the correct settings are used, and maybe tried a different iPhone app - e.g. BlueMail) - then it could appear that the account has been locked for app/client access.

Hopefully the moderators can get this fixed and give you an explanation for the fault. When you get access, can you pop back into this thread with the reason?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @ecaclose,

Thanks for your patience. Can you go to bt.com/mybt. Go to manage your extras and then choose the manage email option. On the next page you should see your email address. There should be an option to add it to your BT ID. Can you do this for me please? Once that has been done, it will show that you own that email address. Afterwards, try and set up your email with an email client or app. Let me know how you get on please.

Thanks, Dave

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Hi David,

I've just tried to do this and I'm using the password that I use to log into the web browser but when I enter this into the claim address part, it says the password is wrong.  I've tried my old passwords and the same message.  Is there an issue with password syncing?  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @ecaclose ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm still waiting a response from our email guys. In the meantime take a look at IMAP email password incorrect  and let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings