Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecaclose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: Talk21 email account iPhone error: the mail server is not responding

Go to solution

Hi, thank you to @DanielS, @DavidM  @Matt-S who have helped solve this issue.  I really appreciate and value the effort that has gone into finding a solution for this.  Beyond this though, I greatly appreciate being kept up to date, even just a note to say that it is still being worked on was enough to reassure me that I hadn't been forgotten about.  It's service like this that makes me what to remain a BT customer. 🙂

The solution has been identified as such that certain special characters used in the password are not allowed and this was responsible for not allowing the account to sync on my iPhone.  The solution was therefore to change the password to my email account using allowed characters, which has worked and I now have the account on my phone.  

Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 24

Go to solution

@ecaclosewrote:

The solution has been identified as such that certain special characters used in the password are not allowed and this was responsible for not allowing the account to sync on my iPhone.  The solution was therefore to change the password to my email account using allowed characters, which has worked and I now have the account on my phone.  

Does this indicate that the iPhone app is "faulty" or doesn't allow for these characters in the app?

What app(s) did you try?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ecaclose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 24

Go to solution

I was using the iPhone Mail app and the Mac Mail app.  Essentially for BT passwords, certain special characters cannot be used.

0 Ratings
youlethal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 24

Go to solution

There seems to be an issue with setting up mail on Idevices but it can be done with the special characters by going into the email settings for your bt account and clear the password that is stared for  both incoming and outgoing servers and it should sync up just fine regardless of special characters etc in the password. 

0 Ratings