Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
popestwo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Talk21 email address linked to wrong BT ID

I've been a BT customer for many years and still use my original email address - the format is my.name@talk21.com.  I'm aware that as a result of changes to the BT mail service over the years my email address is actually my.name.t21@btinternet.com and I can log on to my email account using the .t21 address.

When I log on to my billing account using my BT ID I can see that the email address my.name.t21@btinternet.com is one of the email addresses that belong to this billing account.  However, the address my.name@talk21.com is not shown on the list of email addresses that belong to me, and if I try to link it to my billing account by importing it I can see that it is linked to a different BT ID - not mine.

Am I at risk of losing the address my.name@talk21.com as it is linked to someone else's billing account?  Or should I not worry, because my.name@talk21.com is not actually an email account but is only an alias for my.name.t21@btinternet.com?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Talk21 email address linked to wrong BT ID

Do you know the owner of the account that your email address is linked to?

0 Ratings
popestwo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

No I don't
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I doubt that any of the forum users will be able to assist/answer your question so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@popestwo Thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums.  We'll be happy to make sure your email is properly linked to your BT account if you send over your details.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
popestwo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6