cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonmale
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Talk21 email - moving away from BT

I've had my Talk21.com account for 20 years, so it's been my main account for a long time.  I've not had to pay for this.

I've had my phone and broadband with BT, and have done for several years.

When I move away from BT, what will happen to my Talk21 account?

Will it be closed down automatically?  What notification will I get advising me of this?

Will I be charged for the e-mail account?

If I try to check on bt.com/keepmyemail I get the message:

"We can't place your order to move to BT Premium Mail as you're already a BT Broadband customer with free email"

Please can you kindly advise. Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
jonmale
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Talk21 email - moving away from BT

In the email I get back from BT it doesn't reference talk21.com at all:

• free BT email - you'll be able to use your BT email for 60 days after 05 Jan 2018 but then we'll close the account and permanently delete all your emails and personal data. If you'd like to keep your BT email account, you can sign up to BT Premium Mail for just £5.00 a month (which you'll need to do before we close your account). With BT Premium Mail you can keep using your @btinternet or @btopenworld email accounts no matter who provides your broadband. Find out more at bt.com/keepmyemail
0 Ratings
BT Email Expert
BT Email Expert
Message 3 of 4

When your broadband is ceased you will get 30 days to sign-up to premium mail, the current rules on the premium mail sign-up don't allow existing broadband customers to order it - to prevent overcharging - that's why you get the error at the moment - once you have ceased your broadband you will be able to order it.

Simon.

jonmale
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Thaks Simon.

It seems the talk21.com domain is still registered with BT:

https://www.whois.com/whois/talk21.com

0 Ratings