Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisTurvey
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Talk21 email

Hi 

I have a talk21.com email address that has all of a sudden stopped working. I have tried to reset my password - so the account is recognised but an error message appears.  I have called BT who cannot shed any light on this.

Please help!!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 14

Re: Talk21 email

Do a search on this community, I've seen at least two similar sounding posts in the past couple of days

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 14

@ChrisTurveywrote:

Hi 

I have a talk21.com email address that has all of a sudden stopped working. I have tried to reset my password - so the account is recognised but an error message appears.  I have called BT who cannot shed any light on this.

Please help!!

Hi, welcome to the forums.

There are masses of email issue recently affecting pretty much a random selection of people rather than a general fault.

The direct password rest link is :-

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

Is that the link you tried? (wait at least 15 minutes before attempting access via apps/clients).

Have you tried logging in via webmail to check :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

using both methods. Method one is the usual talk21 address, the 2nd method is using email address :-

@username [.t21] @ btinternet.com

@whereby the username portion is the bit before @talk21.com adding .t21 to that bit.

How are you usually accessing your emails, is it via webmail or an app/client?

If you can't login, or reset password - then moderator intervention is the only way forward.

0 Ratings
ChrisTurvey
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Hello Andy 

I have tried bot those links - the second just leads me to the first! i.e: I log in via webmail and that takes me to a "You need to make sure your email is secure" page and then subsequentely the reset password page. When I try to do this it tells me I have incorrectly entered some details.

I have some how at times then come across a page asking me for date of birth, postcode and mother's maiden name. When I have entered this information it has come back as incorrect too.

I only normally get email via email client or app.

By the sounds of it moderator intervention is the only way that will work!!

Thanks very much

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 14

I hope that was the security information you gave when you signed up otherwise I fear you may have been scammed

0 Ratings
ChrisTurvey
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

it is the info I use all the time - obviously I know my date of birth (!), I have used both my current postcode and the one at my old address when I obtained this email address (many moons ago!) and my mothers maiden name hasn't changed!

When you say you fear I may have been scammed, do you mean someone could have hacked my email?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 14

No.

It was when you said "I have some how at times then come across a page asking me for date of birth, postcode and mother's maiden name. When I have entered this information it has come back as incorrect too" ........that the alarm bells started ringing.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Hacking is a possibility, problem with the mail system is more likely. I have alerted the mods to your problem.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 9 of 14

Hi @ChrisTurvey,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you're having problems accessing your email. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
feduptalk21
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

I am having the exact same problem. This morning, I used my talk21 email as per usual and I went to check it this afternoon and it’s gone and I tried everything as suggested above, had a very frustrating and futile 45 minute “chat” support and I just need my emails because I’ve got things I need for upcoming events in that account. Please help!
0 Ratings