cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Talk21 emails

Go to solution

Since the transfer of the email service from BT Yahoo to the BT service I have been losing emails from my Inbox. They arrive but after a few minutes they disappear and do not go into any other Archive folder or Trash. They are totally lost. This happens across my 3 devices - Laptop using Outlook, iPhone using the BT email app and my Fire tablet using the website link. I am able to track them by using an old desktop running Windows XP and Outlook Express where they do arrive but it is very frustrating as I have to constantly have it switched on. Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Talk21 emails

Go to solution

I rather suspect you have Outlook Express configured as POP3 and rather than helping you are actually causing the problem. Once they are downloaded to OE they will be deleted from the server unless you had the option to leave a copy of the message on the server ticked and will thus be unavailable to other devices and webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks. I'll check. However it has been operating Ok in parallel until recently but a useful suggestion. I'll let you know.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks.I have disconnected by old machine from the WiFi and it looks like it solved the problem. Shame as I have used OE for many years and I like its simplicity and "no frills" system. However onwards and upwards!

0 Ratings