cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pahicks
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Talk21 suddenly not working, dealing with a family bereavement and need access asap, helpline busy..

My talk21 email account stopped working yesterday afternoon, with a message saying it was compromised. (This also happened a few weeks ago and it recitified itself the next day!??) Tried to reset it but it wouldn't accept the details I entered even though I know they are correct. Phoned BT they gave me numbers to try for help but they are continually engaged. I'm dealing with a family bereavement and need access asap. Any tips?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Talk21 suddenly not working, dealing with a family bereavement and need access asap, helpline bu

@pahicks 

Can you confirm whether you are a current BT Broadband customer, or paying for BT Premium mail?

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Re: Talk21 suddenly not working, dealing with a family bereavement and need access asap, helpline bu

@pahickswrote:

My talk21 email account stopped working yesterday afternoon, with a message saying it was compromised. (This also happened a few weeks ago and it recitified itself the next day!??) Tried to reset it but it wouldn't accept the details I entered even though I know they are correct. Phoned BT they gave me numbers to try for help but they are continually engaged. I'm dealing with a family bereavement and need access asap. Any tips?

Hi. Welcome to the forums, and I'm so sorry to hear of your family loss.

Unfortunately there are a lot of recent posts regarding so called compromised accounts, which to me means a system failure somewhere.

BT need to roll back changes, reset the accounts and stop this situation immediately.

Are you listening mail expert Simon?

0 Ratings
pahicks
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I actually ported my BT landline number over to a new provider on 24th February although I haven't officially given notice to BT. My online account is not showing my Broadband package so looks like the port request has effectively done this for me. However, my own talk21 account is working fine and it is my wife's talk21 account which has suddenly stopped working. It also did this a few weeks ago but then righted itself again. Im assuming we will need to pay for BTs premium mail to keep our emails for the short term to deal with everything which is going on, so there are really two issues going on, but my wifes access is the key problem. We've chatted to BT on the main helpline and all they can do is give us the premium teams contact numbers 02081006778 and 08081006778 but they are continually engaged or won't let you hold saying the lines are busy. Unfortunately this is a very bad time for us to lose access and to waste all morning trying to speak to someone, which is why I have posted on the forum really to see if anyone has any useful contact numbers as an alternative!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

I hope that signing up for Premium will be fine, however I believe the reported issue isn't anything to with moving to a new supplier and could still manifest itself after signing up.

I believe a moderator needs to intervene in this particular sensitive case.

0 Ratings
pahicks
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

When I log in to MY BT there is no longer a PACKAGE tab, just a PRODUCTS tab. If I access the products tab the only thing which shows is EMAIL. (mine only, not my wifes but its always been like this). There is an option to upgrade mine to Premium, but when I click on that it just brings up an error message. 

0 Ratings
pahicks
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

No, I can't sign up to Premium through MyBT, it just keeps giving me an error. If I could get someone on the phone it would be useful. Already tried 08081006778 numerous times. We don't mind at all paying for the access, as it is a necessity at the moment.
0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 9

Hi @pahicks

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so that we can take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings