cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim12
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Hello, 

Some time ago, I could not get access to my talk21 email address.  I thought this was because BT stopped offering it for free and had deleted it.

However, I have been told the address has been hacked and people I know are receiving spam emails from it. Is there any way I can gain access to it? It has been a few years since I was able to get into it, but it would be really useful if I could.

Best,

Jim

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Talk21

Go to solution

If you have not accessed the email account for a few years the account has more than likely been deleted and you will not be able access it.

As regards your contacts receiving emails from it, it was most likely hacked at some point in the past and at that time the hackers would have harvested your email contacts list.

If your contacts look at the "headers" in the email that they have received from the spammers they will most likely see that the email is not actually coming from that account. The scammers will be "spoofing" your email address to make it appear that the email is coming from you in an attempt to convince the receivers that the email is genuine.

There is nothing you can do to prevent this other than to tell all your contacts that you no longer use that email address and if they receive any emails from it they should delete them immediately.

0 Ratings