cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

my talk21 account has suddenly stopped working on the 13/5/22. I have been using my account daily on my iPhone. Now it come up with mail server not responding check your mail settings. 
I can’t remember my password, I have tried to log on online and just go round and round in circles. I have tried the .t21@btinternet.com using what I think is my password but no luck. 
I have tried to change my password online , get the security questions dob / postcode and mother’s maiden name. I am entering them correctly and then getting a message saying something doesn’t match. 
when I try to log in trying different passwords I then get locked out of my account. 
this is my main email account which everything is associated with. 
I have looked up the server settings ect and they are all correct. 
 Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really need this back up and running   I’m not very technical minded so please explain simply

thanks 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Talk21

Go to solution

have you tried logging in using a web browser instead of the iphone app and see if you can access that way

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Yeah I have tried on a Laptop and just get the same 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

yes, I also have a serious problem with Talk21 email today.

using web address <<https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...>>

after many minutes delay I then try to sign in with email address address@talk21.com and password  in the appropriate boxes

then, after various addresses it settles at 

<<https://email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=2.22.1-2>>

as a white space (but still in the browser window)

then it sometimes takes me to <<https://www.bt.com/>>   headed Not a BT customer yet?  apparently offering various 'packages' I don't want!

At other times, after several minutes,  it adds three flashing small grey/blue square symbols in the middle of the white space. This remains until I give up and close the browser after half an hour or so

The email system still seems to work on my iPhone, and other websites work on my laptop.

How can I access my webmail on my home laptop?

Is there a problem with the BT site?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

more info:

Windows 10 laptop using Edge browser and BT.com to get into webmail, iPhone running Apple email app with talk21 details set up.

All worked o.k. a few days ago.

Successfully ordered goods online this morning.

No change to my system, only trying to catch up with emails at home on my laptop.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

When there is a problem accessing your email it is generally a server problem and it is best NOT to try and change the password at an early stage. It can cause problems if the servers are not responding correctly.

The best advice is if you have not done anything just prior to the problem occurring such as changing your password or an update occurring on your email client/app the problem is usually nothing to do with anything at your end and you should just wait and see if the problem gets resolved without you doing anything. 

If you can log onto your account using a web browser it would show that there is nothing wrong with your password. If you can not log on using a web browser and assuming you are using the correct email address and password the problem is probably not at your end.

Have you tried logging on at the BT log on page  BTMail using the following format  your username.t21@btinternet.com along with your password.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I tried login via your BT Mail link, on my iPhone

It was very slow but eventually gave the same three flashing square symbols .

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@alan_d wrote:

I tried login via your BT Mail link, on my iPhone

It was very slow but eventually gave the same three flashing square symbols .

Did you use the email username format as shown in my previous post? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I tried both, but powering off and on my router/modem improved things a lot, but still not as good as I remember. Probably a broadband/wifi/internet problem affecting different sites differently.

Seems a lot better for now. Thanks for your time.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Is it normal for there to be an issue for nearly 2 weeks? 

0 Ratings