cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

After many years of accessing my emails on my iPhone and iPad. It will no longer work. 

I keep being told error user name or password dose not work. Even though I long in online with same one. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Talk21

Go to solution

Hi @Alsn69,

I am sorry to see that you can no longer get into your email account. Do you pay for your email address using our Premium Mail service or do you get it as part of your BT Broadband service?

If you don't get it through either of those, can you go to https://www.bt.com/mail and log in there? If you still can't get access there try and log in slightly changing your email address from @talk21.com to .t21@btinternet.com. So if your email was X@talk21.com it would be x.t21@btinternet.com.

Let me know how you get on, please.

Thank you
DanielS

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Tried that and got this

The IMAP server

"mail. btinternet.com" doesn't support

Password authentication. Please check your account settings and try again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Tried that got this

The IMAP server

"mail. btinternet.com" doesn't support

Password authentication. Please check your account settings and try again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Are you a BT broadband customer or do you pay for premium mail.  If neither then try accessing your email using browser not app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Re: Talk21 error

Go to solution

I do appreciate that but for an email account that have had for two many years to think about.  I have been accessing it through my Apple mail since I bought my first iPad 1. 

SO WHY HAS IT NOW STOPPED WORKING?.????

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Re: Talk21 error

Go to solution

so does your email work if you use web mail instead of app?  It is possible as no longer BT customer and not paying for premium mail your email has been retained but moved to basic mail.  This allows email to continue but only accessible with web mail not apps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Daniel,

My dad is having similar problems: he can access his @talk21.com email via the web, but on his Mac (MacMail and Outlook, we've tried both) his email is behaving erratically. All IMAP/SMTP settings are correct and his Inbox seems to populate just fine, but outgoing emails more often that not fail and he's then asked to enter his password which is then rejected.

We have tried setting up the accounts with both his talk21.com email address and his xxx.t21.btinternet.com email address. Same issue for both.

He is not a premium mail customer not any more a BT broadband customer. By becoming a premium mail customer do you think these problems will go away??

Thanks in davance,

Ed

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

If he is not a BT Broadband customer or paying for his email via a BT Premium email account he will only be able to use it via a web browser and not by using an email client or app.

See link about BT Premium email account which cost £7.50 per month.

What is Premium email and how do I get it? | BT Help

If he gets a BT Premium email account he should be able to use an email client/app which should include MacMail and Outlook.

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks very much. One final question: if I sign him up for BT Premium will he be able to use his @talk21.com email as his account on an email client/app or will he have to use xxx.t21@btinternet.com?

Thanks again,

Ed

0 Ratings