cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

That fabulous 'Premier' Mail again !

You could have laid odds on BT increasing the price for all 'Premier Mail Only' customers, this time to £7.50 a month going forward.  Well they have a captive audience, don't they?  I find their spin almost demeaning when they kind of suggest you are at a disadvantage because you fail to take your phone and internet from them as well. 

So what next?  £10 a month and more?  It's almost a 'push' to promote their own product, otherwise, you will PAY!

And another unique niggle with Premier Mail ..... at least for me .... every so often, sometimes quite rapidly, they close my access to Premier Mail with a request to log in again, as my time 'has expired'!  I mean, why?  I phoned the dedicated BT Premier Mail helpline and I was told to access my mail via 'mail.yahoo.com' and that would solve the problem.

Well it didn't, same problem again and again. This even happens while midway through a long, industrious email and without warning.  Thank god for the 'Draft Folder' which usually redeems the situation. Anyone with a similar gripe?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: That fabulous 'Premier' Mail again !

Premier Mail is incorrectly spelt. It should be spelt like this...  Paidfor Mail. 

There is nothing premier about it and it is certainly not worth paying for.

While it might take a bit of time and effort but you should migrate your email away from BT and any ISP for that matter.

You could use a free email service such as gmail or if you are happy to pay for an email service you should consider getting your own domain with email. They start in price at about £2 per month upwards depending on what sort of service you want/need.

You will get a better SLA (Service Level Agreement) and a more reliable service than you presently get from BT, not that that would be difficult to achieve.

You would also be free of any ISP dependency for your email address.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Appreciate your reply.   I like the idea of getting my own domain with email even though everything in my life centres around my BT email address.  I have a lot of 'folders' with my BT mail and keep a lot of stuff there for reference going forward i.e. every purchase from Amazon and Ebay etc. I assume that I can buy the necessary storage for taking on a domain email , two quick questions please ...

(1)  Could you guide me where to start looking for this facility please?

(2)  IS there any way to transfer the hoards of BT emails currently stored in these folders?

Cheers in advance .. Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Just do a search for "Domain with email" and you will get a selection of companies to choose from. There is bound to be one that will suit your needs.

Unfortunately you can not transfer your email and folders directly from BT.

You would need to use an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird to download your email and folders onto your computer and once you have them safely stored there you can then upload a copy to your new email server.

In any case you should keep a back up copy of your emails if they are important to you. You should not just depend on your email provider, especially BT to safely look after them. Check through the forum and you will find posts about BT email accounts being deleted and emails being lost for ever.

0 Ratings