Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puncball
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

The New BT Mail - Replacing BT/Yahoo

Go to solution

This article explains the changes, planned by BT; specifically to disengage from Yahoo!

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44789/~/we%27re-changing-bt%27s-portal-and-email-serv...

The BT plan is to create a new mail service called BT Mail.

What I cannot see any mention of is whether this new service will function with programs such as Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Live Mail

Any ideas!

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 23

Re: The New BT Mail - Replacing BT/Yahoo

Go to solution
It wouldn't be much use as a mail system if it didn't 😉
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

If you read the Questions you would have seen this.

Will I be able to access my inbox the way I do now?

Yes, you can still access your Inbox using a web browser, a mobile device, tablet or an email program like Outlook or Mail for Mac.

If you use an email program then you may need to change some settings, particularly if you use IMAP. We'll let you know more about this nearer the time. You'll also be able to get extra help with any necessary changes at www.bt.com/newemail.

If you use other email addresses such as @hotmail.com with your existing BT Yahoo! Mail account then you'll still be able to do this. Again, we'll provide help so you'll know what to do.

Puncball
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Guru,

Most grateful to you, for drawing my attention to this Question!

My only hope is that the new BT Mail will be more responsive to interrogations, by these programs, than BT Yahoo!

Four times out of Ten, or thereabouts, BT Yahoo takes ages to down load, and frequently doen't recognise my password!

Thanks again

0 Ratings
dunk
Beginner
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Unlike many I look forward to BTs new emaqil service with delight. I have spent several years fighting Yahoo. This company originally hi-jacked me to the US and gave me the option of joining Yahoo or paying a website to get me back to BT yahoo. BT fixed this after many months . But did Yahoo give up --Noooo siiir!! Every time I tried to access BT yahoo I was taken to yahoo  time after time even when I changed my bookmarks they changed it back to yahoo. I am constantly being sent ripp-off emails /virus emails etc. If that isnt bad enough When I went to yahoos email site I appeared to have extra accounts[in numbers] that I could not delete. My profile was edited by using words I used to criticise yahoo and changed to make it sound good . I recieve  emails from many people with the same name as me in the US etc. Some confidential. One that hired armed soldiers to protect properties in the middle-east willing to supply weapons and listing then. and the price per gun. Much as it is interesting I can do without   that information. For those bemoaning the loss of yahoo --do you know that when you go to their new website as of June 3 -ALL your emails will be looked at and that includes those  that  are sent to YOU . Didnt know that? I look forward again with delight to BT taking me away from yahoo FOR GOOD!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Yes. Yahoo are scum. I can't wait to be rid if them too. Although I didn't experience the astonishing level of problems and security failures that you did.

I just wish that BT's new provider will respect our privacy. But no doubt the NSA and GCHQ would be be monitoring all our private correspondence, the douchebags, even if all servers through which our email passes were in the UK.

0 Ratings
dunk
Beginner
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Yes I have already been the victim of attack -the security services of US/Uk . Why for speaking the truth on a news website. Many people round the World agreed with me and posted their  thoughts . I watched as when you log in to it with a password  a coloured block moved across to block me .I was taken off the Internet 4 times by the "trusted installer" that's right Microsoft -watched as my Internet traffic indicator  showed download and process Hacker showed me where it was going -an official "update" couldn't get back on the web. Eventually they took out my PC had to start from  scratch and had to install 2 web cards as they blocked the main boards web components. "years of it. Was warned by other posters and  MS via intelligence agency  left a message for me of what they can do. I was not the only one /Australia/New Zealand /and the US-Professor lost his job  for speaking the truth about 9/11 as an ex engineer  never witnessed a building collapsing   beautifully vertical[with a plane in its side] so that no buildings were damaged-Impossible with a rigid steel structure unless undermined on each for.  But there you go cant beat the government . No longer allowed on that news website.[got at by you know who] But got my message out at least. All attacks stopped when removed from the website. I will never learn will I? 

0 Ratings
doughunt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

I am looking forward to the new BT Mail and can't wait until my mailbox is transferred from Yahoo. I have had so many problems with my mailbox login details being rejected by Outlook, iPhone, iPad etc.

Logging into webmail from the new BT.com site is great but I miss the option from the Yahoo portal that allows my home PC to remember my login details (tick box to Remember me on this computer).

Is there a way of doing this on the BT.com site, if not can it be added? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

@doughunt wrote:
Logging into webmail from the new BT.com site is great but I miss the option from the Yahoo portal that allows my home PC to remember my login details (tick box to Remember me on this computer).

Is there a way of doing this on the BT.com site, if not can it be added?

There is a "remember me" tickbox on the BT Mail login page.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

@Oliver341 wrote:

There is a "remember me" tickbox on the BT Mail login page.

Actually, there was!

I think someone discovered though that it keeps you logged into to BT Yahoo mail and breaks the "sign out" function.

Oliver.
0 Ratings