cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 29

Re: The New BT Yahoo Mail is terrible (email heading:"We're Upgrading BT Yahoo! Mail")

Glad to see it still works Ocean.

Perhaps others will follow suit and revert now.

0 Ratings
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 29

Re: The New BT Yahoo Mail is terrible (email heading:"We're Upgrading BT Yahoo! Mail")

It had been driving me nuts Smiley Mad maybe I can assume Yahoo`s team of boffins who are possibly locked away in some deep unforgiving room of computers and coffee vendors just run out of grey-matter. Maybe some fresh air and a nice tot of rum would make them feel better.

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
retired2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 29

I have resisted changing to the all new mail by clicking no thank you and returning to mail classic although I hate that.

Today when I signed on I got the message that I MUST sign up to the new mail by 20 January.

From what I have read on these forums it is a backward step, can anyone suggest an alternative free mail system similar to the one BT have taken away (not classic)?  I have just signed up to BT for another year as they gave me a good deal but do not like the way they are dictaking to us.

0 Ratings
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 29

I tried the new email and didn`t like it at all. I`m back on the original email and it is much better. I`ve not had any emails from BTYAHOO saying I must move to the new email. Just don`t move and see what happens in January.

Windows Live mail is free Smiley Happy

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
alushkacat
Beginner
Message 15 of 29

I agree that new BT Yahoo is worse than the beta version I was using until 21 Nov '11.

Specifically, I want the TO column back in my e-mail folders.

BT say Yahoo will do nothing until sufficient subscribers demand this.

BT agree that they lied in their screen instruction/invitation to go to the latest version.

0 Ratings
meman887
Contributor
Message 16 of 29

@George99 wrote:

I tried the new BT Yahoo some time ago and thougt it was rubbish.

Assuming the facility is still there, to change back to the Classic version. Close BT Yahoo Mail then:-

1. Right click on your Desktop.

2. Select "Properties".

3. Select "Settings".

4. Slide the "Screen Resolution" arrow from "More" to "Less".

5. Click OK. Wait for the change to take place. After which your pages will be larger.

6. Re-open BT Yahoo Mail and you should see a button which you can select to "Return to Classic Version". Click it.

7. When you have done that repeat above procedure to change your screen resolution back to Maximum(More).

Why the return button isn't available in normal screen resolution only heaven(& BT Yahoo) knows.

The above worked for me but I don't know if it's still available. Good Luck!

Works within Internet Explorer but doesn't work under Firefox however, also I'll assume the same applies to other web browsers too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
Going to kill my HomeHub 2 very soon. Smiley Happy
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 29

@meman887 wrote:

@George99 wrote:

I tried the new BT Yahoo some time ago and thougt it was rubbish.

Assuming the facility is still there, to change back to the Classic version. Close BT Yahoo Mail then:-

1. Right click on your Desktop.

2. Select "Properties".

3. Select "Settings".

4. Slide the "Screen Resolution" arrow from "More" to "Less".

5. Click OK. Wait for the change to take place. After which your pages will be larger.

6. Re-open BT Yahoo Mail and you should see a button which you can select to "Return to Classic Version". Click it.

7. When you have done that repeat above procedure to change your screen resolution back to Maximum(More).

Why the return button isn't available in normal screen resolution only heaven(& BT Yahoo) knows.

The above worked for me but I don't know if it's still available. Good Luck!

Works within Internet Explorer but doesn't work under Firefox however, also I'll assume the same applies to other web browsers too.

See my shortcuts (link below), option 23 for a way to revert using Firefox and Chrome.

0 Ratings
WalkingChaz
Message 18 of 29

Since just before Christmas I have had the same problem(Can't Download attachments or attach files), though oddly I can still download from my work PC.  This has been very frustrating, been through all suggested remedies and Yahoo help point me to BT and BT help point me to Yahoo.  It appears as though I am unsupported as I have an old talk21 account but don't have BT Broadband.  I am going to try reverting to classic as listed on other replies.

WalkingChaz

0 Ratings
Annette
Message 19 of 29

Similar problems today. I was forced to upgrade as no other option of sighning into my mails with clicking the 'upgrade now' button. I now cannot sellect 'unread messages' to see just those in any given folder as that option appears to have been lost in this new super duper upgrade. I too have had an afternoon, on the phone, then wth a remote controller who just tried everything I had. I thinkBT yahoo designers have cocked up- but what a waste of an afternoon. I just want to revert back to where I was yesterday but they dont even offer the option now to revert back to any older version.

Imanaged to find a link to do this but when you close down mail and repopen it just opens up in the new version again and I lost soem of my home icons- why mend what's not broken!!

0 Ratings
Annette
Message 20 of 29

The link to get back to classic works but once youre there when you close down and reopen you just get the new version of yahoo mail back so there doesnt seem to be a way of keeping the old version permanently. There is no coherent help available from BT either.

0 Ratings