cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Annette
Message 21 of 29

Re: The New BT Yahoo Mail is terrible (email heading:"We're Upgrading BT Yahoo! Mail")

Thanks so much!

I have done what you said and it worked- pity the BT staff aren't as on the ball! or care enough about the needs of their customers being met!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 29

Re: The New BT Yahoo Mail is terrible (email heading:"We're Upgrading BT Yahoo! Mail")

@Annette wrote:

Thanks so much!

I have done what you said and it worked- pity the BT staff aren't as on the ball! or care enough about the needs of their customers being met!

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Are you referring to my shortcuts link 23 ?

To be frank, I don't think the support team are aware of a way to get back to classic email, hence I've linked to the method I found out.

suzanne4
Beginner
Message 23 of 29

Thanks for this - by lowering the resolution thanks goodness I am now back on the old yahoo.

I have several email addresses routed to the online yahoo - ie there is a box on the left above the inbox/folders which is 'check other mail'. This works perfectly on the old version.   I could not find how to put this facility back on the new version - the pop settings are still there.

It's so handy to be able to access the other addresses online without having to access more than 1 server - has anyone found the equivalent to this 'check other mail' box on the new version??

thanks

Suzanne

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 29

@suzanne4 wrote:

Thanks for this - by lowering the resolution thanks goodness I am now back on the old yahoo.

I have several email addresses routed to the online yahoo - ie there is a box on the left above the inbox/folders which is 'check other mail'. This works perfectly on the old version.   I could not find how to put this facility back on the new version - the pop settings are still there.

It's so handy to be able to access the other addresses online without having to access more than 1 server - has anyone found the equivalent to this 'check other mail' box on the new version??

thanks

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne. Welcome to the forums.

To access other mail accounts, look at Options/Mail Options/Mail Accounts

0 Ratings
retired2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 29

I resisted changing and am still able to use the Classic mail.

A little tip that I found helps bypass the must sign up to the new mail is once you have got to mail classic bookmark the page and then always sign on via that.

0 Ratings
devito5
Message 26 of 29

Hi,

I just tried this and it worked!!! On your desktop right click and select screen resolution. Choose and apply the lowest setting. Then open up your mail, it should prompt you saying that the resolution is too low and do you want to use a previous version of mail. There is 2 choices, a one off selection or a permanent selection, choose the permanent one. Go back to desktop and change the screen resolution back to the setting you had it on. Go back to your mail and it should stay it the classic mode. Hope this works for you to 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

@Andy_N wrote:

@Annette wrote:

Thanks so much!

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Are you referring to my shortcuts link 23 ?

To be frank, I don't think the support team are aware of a way to get back to classic email, hence I've linked to the method I found out.

The BT Tech Experts  Service dont know either; just follow Andy's shortcut, and disable Java script [in Firefox for me, other details on the shortcut].

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 29

Aren't you just trying to put off the inevitable though, BT has already said its removing the classic option on 25/3 and I have every confidence that's what they will do as I believe yahoo will not want to support it. I guess its possible that they will leave it in there still but looking at the USA comments etc I think the writing is on the wall.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else but I am trying to work with it and there is quite a few options, the only one that I have left at the moment that is annoying me is the one on the left frame being of tablet spacing rather than normal spacing. I stated earlier that all the systems are struggling with the notion that real users are no longer there and everyone wants toys now (oops I mean tablets etc). Hopefully they will see the light sometime soon. Chrome was a sufferer for a while in its bookmark's but the weight of complainants did force the dev teams to rethink and make it respect the different platforms more.

Good luck though, despite not liking it I'm giving it a try at the moment, it does seem to be working now I have removed the buggy extensions I had loaded on chrome to remove the yahoo ads, I guess the apps people will catch up soon as well and I can remove the ads as well.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 29

@unwina wrote:

BT has already said its removing the classic option on 25/3

They've withdrawn that. It's anyone's guess whether that's for keeps, but your's is most likely to be right.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings