Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 1 of 15

The option to report a phishing scam is no longer there

Hi,

The option to report a phishing scam is no longer there in the latest BT Yahoo mail update.

Is it just me or the same for everyone please ?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: The option to report a phishing scam is no longer there

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi,

The option to report a phishing scam is no longer there in the latest BT Yahoo mail update.

Is it just me or the same for everyone please ?

I’m not on Yahoo mail.

Thought it was just a case of forwarding a mail to phishing@ bt.com.

Thats how it is on BT mail, using ms outlook.

Can’t you forward a mail on Yahoo mail, using Outlook, or another email client?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 3 of 15

Hi @Ribblelancs ,

There always used to be an option ( button ) to report phishing to yahoo.  Now there is just the option to move an email to spam.  I always report them to action fraud ( NFIBPhishing@city-of-london.pnn.police.uk )anyway though.

Do you think there is any point or value of forward them to phishing@ bt.com ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 15

If you report to the Bt phishing.com it’s the best option. Bt have set procedures.........unless you think it’s worth reporting elsewhere.

It’s an extreme case if you need to report to police authorities......up to you???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 15

@pompey1898wrote:

Hi @Ribblelancs ,

There always used to be an option ( button ) to report phishing to yahoo.  Now there is just the option to move an email to spam.  I always report them to action fraud [..] anyway though.

The Action fraud contact email address isn't COL police.

If the option actually reported it to a Yahoo phishing dept, then frankly they would have nothing to do with it as the email is BTinternet.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 6 of 15

@Andy_Nwrote:

@pompey1898wrote:

Hi @Ribblelancs ,

There always used to be an option ( button ) to report phishing to yahoo.  Now there is just the option to move an email to spam.  I always report them to action fraud [..] anyway though.

The Action fraud contact email address isn't COL police.  It is the email address I have been using for several years and I get an acknowledgement normally ?

Do you have another ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi @Ribblelancs ,

There always used to be an option ( button ) to report phishing to yahoo.  Now there is just the option to move an email to spam.  I always report them to action fraud ( NFIBPhishing@city-of-london.pnn.police.uk )anyway though.

Hi @pompey1898 When you send an email to phishing@bt.com we act quickly to get reported phishing websites taken down by contacting and working with website owners, domain registrars and industry security teams around the world.

We are also proactively on the lookout for phishing sites which we monitor and take down quickly. Our success rate is high with only a tiny minority remaining active for more than seven days. Last year, with our proactive approach and your help in reporting these emails, we closed down more than 10,000 rogue websites.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
pompey1898
Expert
Message 8 of 15

Hi @NeilO ,

Now I have been made aware of it today I will be sending phishing emails to phishing@bt.com as well as action fraud from now on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 15

@pompey1898wrote:

@Andy_Nwrote:

@pompey1898wrote:

Hi @Ribblelancs ,

The Action fraud contact email address isn't COL police.  It is the email address I have been using for several years and I get an acknowledgement normally ?

Do you have another ?

Fair enough if you've been using that email address (it's still COL police of course, I missed the bit out saying I've seen a different address - rather than specifically to COL).

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 10 of 15

@Ribblelancswrote:

If you report to the Bt phishing.com it’s the best option. Bt have set procedures.........unless you think it’s worth reporting elsewhere.

It’s an extreme case if you need to report to police authorities......up to you???

Hi @Ribblelancs,  cc @@Andy_N & @NeilO 

Ever since I saw your post I have been reporting phishing scams to phishing@bt.com.

Unfortunately with about 50% of them I get  the following message.

0 Ratings