Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 11 of 15

QRe: The option to report a phishing scam is no longer there

@pompey1898 wrote:

@Ribblelancswrote:

If you report to the Bt phishing.com it’s the best option. Bt have set procedures.........unless you think it’s worth reporting elsewhere.

It’s an extreme case if you need to report to police authorities......up to you???

Hi @Ribblelancs,  cc @@Andy_N & @NeilO 

Ever since I saw your post I have been reporting phishing scams to phishing@bt.com.

Unfortunately with about 50% of them I get  the following message.

It doesn’t accept + numbers for international. You have to enter full number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 15

Re: QRe: The option to report a phishing scam is no longer there

Sorry ,

Mixed up again. I’ve never had problems with reporting phishing emails. Just reporting scam telephone calls, where you have to use the full international number.

Forward phishing Mail to phishing@bt.com.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 13 of 15

@Ribblelancswrote:

Sorry ,

Mixed up again. I’ve never had problems with reporting phishing emails. Just reporting scam telephone calls, where you have to use the full international number.

Hi @Ribblelancs ,

I'm not sure that you read my post correctly.  I am forwarding phishing emails to phishing@bt.com but, as I stated in my post, for about 50% I get a failure notice.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 15

@pompey1898 wrote:

@Ribblelancswrote:

Sorry ,

Hi @Ribblelancs ,

I'm not sure that you read my post correctly.  I am forwarding phishing emails to phishing@bt.com but, as I stated in my post, for about 50% I get a failure notice.

Yes, sorry for the confusion.
If you google your error code, or search the Forums, then there's a long thread on the BT community relating to that error code.
Presumably you are on (BT) Yahoo mail, and not BT Mail.
The posts imply that the error is due to the forwarded mail not being sent: some comments about transferring from Yahoo system to BT.
It's not specifically related to forwarding to phishing@bt.com., merely that the mail is not being sent.
Do you have other problems with (BT) Yahoo mail?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 15 of 15

@Ribblelancswrote:

@pompey1898wrote:

@Ribblelancswrote:

Sorry ,

Hi @Ribblelancs ,

Yes, sorry for the confusion.
If you google your error code, or search the Forums, then there's a long thread on the BT community relating to that error code.
Presumably you are on (BT) Yahoo mail, and not BT Mail.
The posts imply that the error is due to the forwarded mail not being sent: some comments about transferring from Yahoo system to BT.
It's not specifically related to forwarding to phishing@bt.com., merely that the mail is not being sent.
Do you have other problems with (BT) Yahoo mail?

I have no problem with other addresses it is just phishing@bt.com that sometimes gets rejected.

0 Ratings