cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

There isn't a BT Yahoo! Mail service associated with the username/email address you've entered.

I just came across this tonight.

I understand it is different to the MyBT log in details. I just wanted to opt out of BT wifi as my HH5 decided to opt me in again and according to the BT wifi page I need an @btinternet email.

I have no idea what to do in this situation. This email has no option to manage it via the MyBT under My Extras.

It is under My Applications and has the option to check email there. According to this section it says -

BT Yahoo! Mail gives you up to 11 email addresses with unlimited storage and protection against viruses and spam

Obviously when I click on the email section I get the same message as the thread -

There isn't a BT Yahoo! Mail service associated with the username/email address you've entered.

Without this email I cannot log in to BT wifi and opt myself out, I have to call BT India and they opt me out on their side.

I am in contact with a mod anyway and he can probably sort this out for me but I cannot remember this particular email, I originally signed up to BT in May 2013 so I assume why that is saying about BT Yahoo rather than BT internet.

Anyway I can recover this and get this associated with MyBT so I can opt out of BT wifi easier in future? 

I would like some help as it seems overly confusing.

Thanks.

Mark.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: There isn't a BT Yahoo! Mail service associated with the username/email address you've entered.

Do the email/password reminder options here help?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: There isn't a BT Yahoo! Mail service associated with the username/email address you've entered.

It does not no.

I think it may be best I discuss this with the mod. I know its not a biggie but I do not want to call india every time BT automatically opts me into BT wifi without my consent lol.

Thanks for trying to help. 🙂

Mark.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

I had to change my BT internet password (but not the email address) some time ago. No issues with it except that the BT Wi-fi status page didn't recognise the change and well over a year later still requires the old password. BT systems are too often not joined up.

Not quite your problem it seems but might help.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings