cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

This Forum's email confirmation message gets blocked!

Sendmail won't accept emails from this Forum, because the address BT Community Forums <no-reply@community-mail.bt.com> is from a hostname, community-mail.bt.com, that doesn't resolve in public DNS.

Fix for sendmail users, is to work around BT's DNS failure by adding this line to /etc/mail/domaintable and restarting sendmail:

community-mail.bt.com   bt.com

This tells sendmail to treat mail from community-mail.bt.com as if it was coming from bt.com, a hostname that does resolve in DNS.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: This Forum's email confirmation message gets blocked!

Why would you want to send emails from the forum and how are you doing so in any case?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: This Forum's email confirmation message gets blocked!

When I registered for the Forum I had to click on a link in an email the Forum sent me to validate my email address.

But the email never arrived, so I couldn't click on the link!

Looking in my server logs, I saw:

reject=553 5.1.8 <myname@mydomain.com>... Domain of sender address no-reply@community-mail.bt.com does not exist

My server was, quite correctly, refusing to accept email from a hostname (community-mail.bt.com) that doesn't exist.

I've managed to work around the problem by modifying my server, as specified above, to fix BT's missing DNS entries.

0 Ratings