cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevehattrick
Beginner
Message 1 of 27

This application is having trouble connecting to the server

I am getting the following message "This application is having trouble connecting to the server" when I try to access my email via my account on the BT website.

I have tried successfully to reset my password and have checked that it is registered.. I have been able to access my email in the past although its been a few months..

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to check my spam folder..
0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: This application is having trouble connecting to the server

If you have not used the email account either by logging in via webmail on a web browser or via an email client such as Windows Live Mail at some point within 90 days the account may be suspended. See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-bt-mail-address-been-deleted%3F

If you have been able to log on previously it may be that there is just a problem with BT and you should not try and change anything and try logging on later.

Try using this link.

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
Stevehattrick
Beginner
Message 3 of 27

I use the email address daily from my android devices. And I am still getting emails to and from this address.
Its not marked as suspended I have just made it my favourite email address.. I will try to access it in a few days..
0 Ratings
jogunner
Beginner
Message 4 of 27

Access via Microsoft PCS will work as does access via browsers other than chrome. For some reason I don't know why, it seems Chrome is causing the problem. Maybe a recent update caused this, but I would assume BT will have to correct it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 27

@jogunner wrote:
Access via Microsoft PCS will work as does access via browsers other than chrome. For some reason I don't know why, it seems Chrome is causing the problem. Maybe a recent update caused this, but I would assume BT will have to correct it?

Why would BT have to correct a problem with Chrome?

0 Ratings
aasgmhill
Contributor
Message 6 of 27

This has occurred since chrome on android was updated. BT have recognised the mail "app" on Android chrome is causing the issue and have accepted they need to resolve it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JeanetteC
Message 7 of 27

I have just started getting this message on my tablet when trying to access emails by the website. I can access them on PC via the website and Outlook picks them up on PC fine.

Has there been any progress from BT in respect of this?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
aasgmhill
Contributor
Message 8 of 27

I created a fault on 5th Sept which was closed on 11th Sept as "resolved" without explanation. I requested this fault be reopened yesterday as it is obviously not resolved but instead yet another new fault has been created (to maintain SLA's in fault resolution timescales in my view). I have been advised Level 2 will call me tomorrow to progress. Even clearing and resetting every Bt site settings under Chrome on all my Android devices does not resolve the issue. At least when Mail was under Yahoo the separate app worked as expected. Ever since this transition to Web mail by BT the service is not what I would define as one that is acceptable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 27

I am not aware of any SLA that applies to the Residential e-mail service. I believe that BT Business, who use Office 365, do have an SLA with Microsoft.

Gmail tends to be more reliable in my experience, so you may want to consider it. You can still use it to send and receive mail as if it comes from Yahoo or BT Mail.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 27

There is no 'transition to webmail', mail had always been available either by web browser or by a dedicated mail client (app). If you wish to use a mail app, just use either the native android mail app or download k9 or aqua mail.
0 Ratings