Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
am1985uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Thunderbird Problem

Go to solution

I am running Thunderbird on both a desktop and a laptop, and have done for several years. A few days ago I found a problem accessing the BT server from my laptop. A window opened with the error message "You are about to override how Thunderbird identifies this site." The location is shown as mail.btinternet.com:995

There is a button labelled "Get Certificate", but pressing this just gets the response "No information available." At the bottom of the window there is another button marked "Confirm Security Exception", but this is greyed out and unavailable.

I have checked through my account settings and made sure they are identical on both machines, but I am still in the situation where the desktop works fine, but the laptop doesn't.

Can anyone advise me what to do?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thunderbird Problem

Go to solution

It sounds like you are running an old version of Thunderbird, have you installed the latest version?

0 Ratings
am1985uk
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thunderbird Problem

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me. Thunderbird is set to auto-update on both machines, but I notice that the desktop is on release 60.4.0 (the current version), while the laptop is on 65.0b4 (Beta version). Why they are different I don't know.

Update. This morning I tried to run Thunderbird on the laptop three or four times and kept getting the same error message. The fifth time I started it I got the error message again, but this time the option to get the security certificate produced a different response. I clicked on this and the error message went away. Since then I've restarted Thunderbird a few times and it appears to be working OK.

What has changed? No idea. Will the problem return? We shall see.

Regards,

Alan

0 Ratings