cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nightlight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

To many messages

This has been happening for the last week or so, I try to send an email with thunderbird ( either POP or IMAP accounts ) and I get the following message

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  Too many messages (1.4.1.2) from 86.183.17.1. Please check the message and try again."

Using windows 10 mail or webmail on BT's site and all is fine, I can send and receive ok.

Any ideas folks?

thanks heaps,

Tom.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: To many messages

@Nightlightwrote:

This has been happening for the last week or so, I try to send an email with thunderbird ( either POP or IMAP accounts ) and I get the following message

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  Too many messages (1.4.1.2) from xxx. Please check the message and try again."

Using windows 10 mail or webmail on BT's site and all is fine, I can send and receive ok.

Any ideas folks?

thanks heaps,

Tom.

Hi.

Not sure I can recall seeing the message with a (personal) IP address before.

Is this for any single recipient? Are you saying that Win10 email client works OK? (It might be that the server settings in Thunderbird and Win10 mail are different - perhaps the latter set as Yahoo servers).

Is the account BTYahoo? Webmail shows a Yahoo image if that's the case.

There are a couple of reasons for this error - a counter needs to be reset to enable app/clients to send emails - it's an anti-spam wotnot. However, this can be an automatic system which resets overnight. It might be more sinister in that the "stupid" system believes that your account has been compromised and needs a manual reset. The moderators can check this for you.

Please don't change any settings or passwords - or delete/re-add the email address to apps/clients.

0 Ratings
Nightlight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi Andy,
Mybad, windows 10 mail fails to send, just like Thunderbird. It's only when I use the EMAIL tab on BT's home page (takes me to BTYahoo mail ) that I can send without error. Sorry for my confusion 🙂
0 Ratings
Nightlight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

How do I get a moderators attention then??

0 Ratings