cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dereklamb
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Too many failed login attempts - everyday

For the past few weeks I have had the 'too many failed login attempts. Changing the password worked once but next time in it fails. However, I can get to my emails using the same password on my I phone.
Can anyone help resolve this issue please?
It is the same with different browsers and Live Mail.
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Rogs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: Too many failed login attempts - everyday

Think you will find that only BT will be able to help you with this. It's not a problem with your set up.  I think that a lot of people are having the same problem. It's about time BT sorted this out. It's been particularly bad for th past few days but not the first time that it's happened

0 Ratings
djdave29
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Same problem(s) here, absolute joke.

ANY DANGER OF YOU RESPONDING BT ????

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
keithwjones
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Same problem for me, keeps asking for password.

Windows 10, Windows Live Mail.

Keith

0 Ratings
DOBRIEN7
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

For 5 days we have been getting error code 0x800CCC92; 'Your e-mail server rejected your log in; Verify your user name & password for this a/c in settings. ERR-server closed.' This is happening on 4 POP 3 accounts on 2 different machines. I'm trying to work and cannot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
2ndmouse
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 20

Same problem here for the last 4-5 days . It's a reoccurring feature apparently. BT can't be assed to get it fixed. Probably something to do with their relationship with yahoo. It's a fiasco, much like the imaginary move to BTMail - I got my 'notice to move' 18 months ago - still on the yahoo ****form.

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ
I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

0 Ratings
george_ogden
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

I'm using Outlook 2013 and, over the past three days or so, I've been getting increasingly fed up with the constant failed log in attempts popping up for two @btinternet accounts and interrupting my work - randomly one will work OK and the other not, sometimes both fail, other times both succeed. My wife is having exactly the same problem when accessing her @btinternet account. (They are all BTYahoo email accounts)

At first I thought to retype my password and check the "Save" box but it made no difference. Simply dismissing it by clicking on the OK button works and the next time it attempts to log on it may or may not succeed BUT IS A REAL PAIN IN THE A!

error message.png

With the Outlook error message....

Task BTInternet - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92): "Your e-mail server
rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in
Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR server dosed"

As Distinguished Sage" no less - constantly reminds those who signed up here, like me, hoping for BT to assist - "This is a customer to customer forum only.... Anything you post here does not go to BT."

So, the only way to get BT's attention is to call BT and be connected with the Technical(?) Support(?) operation. Then, joy of joys, you have to go through seven shades of hell trying to get the Technical(?) Support(?) person off script and, then, understand the problem - not an insignificant task!

Eventually, the Technical(?) Support(?) person will want to connect to your PC to help fix the problem which, in most cases they can't because the problem is not yours it's BT's! I'd NEVER allow a BT Technical(?) Support(?) person to access my PC remotely (or for that matter in person) as there's every possibility they'll do more harm than good! My advice to others reading this is to do likewise - as BT don't participate in this forum I doubt we'll see a rebuttal.

Even when you manage to get beyond level 1 and in contact with level 2 Technical(?) Support(?) you get this....

Capture1.PNG

Given that BT don't participate in this forum and those of us who do are ignored shouldn't it really be titled

The BTDon'tCare Community?

Message 9 of 20

PITA - me too. Mostly it's Sending that gets stuck and either fails or just takes ages. Funny seemingly random things happen sometimes between Drafts and Sent folders.

Often getting prompted with the 3 choice box - Try again/ Enter new pw/ Cancel

(ed. fwiw , i haven't had any Error message boxes for ages)

Desktop Thunderbird IMAP

0 Ratings
2ndmouse
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 20

I'm almost entirely relying on webmail now. Can't send or receive on my phone and my desktop, with outlook 2010 is asking for password every time it checks for mail - this is now beyond ludicrous - surely BT/yahoo can sort this out between them????

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ
I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

0 Ratings