cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Transfer inbox and folders from one bt email address to another bt email address

I need some help please.  I have two of 11 email addresses set up.  I would like to transfer, or copy over the inbox, including all folders and emails from one bt email address to another and I cannot find a way to do this.  I need to change my email address for various reasons but I have so many emails that I really cannot afford to lose.  Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Transfer inbox and folders from one bt email address to another bt email address

Simplest way is to install the free mail client Thunderbird and configure both accounts. You can then simply drag and drop from one account to the other. Configure the accounts as IMAP so that the changes are reflected in webmail.

Message 3 of 5

Re: Transfer inbox and folders from one bt email address to another bt email address

Thank you, I will have a look into this tonight. I am never sure what software to trust. I am a little paranoid. I do not really understand IMAP but it will hopefully be fairly self explanatory once I download the software.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thunderbird is perfectly safe and used by millions worldwide as probably the most popular free mail client.

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Julianl wrote:
I do not really understand IMAP but it will hopefully be fairly self explanatory once I download the software.

See link

www.geeksforgeeks.org/differences-between-pop3-and-imap/

If it is still not clear just do an Internet search for" IMAP or POP3.

0 Ratings