cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Transfer inbox mails to files and/or folders.

Go to solution

Apologies if a bit of vague request, but I have a lot of mails which I want to keep, but realise they are taking up space on Inbox.    On previous systems (Vista and before)  I was able to keep such mails on PC, but since changing to Windows 10, not been able to find a formula.

Basically I want to sort mails into files and folders and store on PC.

Be grateful for help, as not exactly PC literate.

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Transfer inbox mails to files and/or folders.

Go to solution

How are you accessing your emails? Are you using webmail or a dedicated mail client (program)? It isn't anything to do with what version of Windows you are using.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Using the BT Icon rather than windows mail, as provided when first joined BT in 2004.

Again, sorry if a bit vague, 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I assume you mean you are using webmail. In which case, the mail will be stored on the BT mail server rather than your PC but you can create folders and transfer mails to the folders within BT mail if you don't want to clutter up your Inbox.

On the left hand side of the page you will see 'My Folders'. Click on the +sign adjacent and create as many folders as you wish. Once you have created the folders, you can simply drag and drop the mails you wish to move into the relevant folder. You can select multiple mails by ticking the little square box to the left of each mail you wish to move.

If you do actually want to store them on your PC, it is a bit more complicated and involves downloading a dedicated mail program (similar to Windows Live Mail). Post back of you want to do this and further information can be supplied.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

A rather laborious way is to open each e-mail via webmail and click on print e-mail and select "Save to PDF" in the printer selection. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Apologies for the delay, been rather busy elsewhere.

Yes I would prefer to store on the PC, if only to reduce the storage on e mail.
As my user name suggests, I am not exactly PC Literate, but prepared to have a go  as and when.

Would appreciate details  of movement and storage of files which I can peruse at my pace.

Never experienced issues with Windows Vista or predecessor.

thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

As previously stated, it has nothing to do with version of Windows per se it is how you view email.

I suspect you were probably using a mail client that was built in with earlier versions of Windows rather than webmail.

You can download the free mail client Mozilla Thunderbird and create offline folders to store your emails.

There is no need to reduce the amount of email stored on the BT servers as the storage is unlimited.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,  Thanks for the info.

I recall having Mozilla on previous system, but when data was xferred to current, it was omitted.
Shall look into restoring later

Thanks for your patience etc.

0 Ratings