cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 37

Re: Transfer of BT Yahoo to BT Mail

You might need to tinker with the settings under the 'view' tab to get the appearance as you want it.

Deleting mails in either webmail or Thunderbird will result in the mail being deleted from the other.

polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 37

It is still downloading my emails!  too many!! could that be why I cannot open an email?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 37

@polish wrote:

It is still downloading my emails!  too many!! could that be why I cannot open an email?

Possibly, wait until everything has downloaded.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 37

If there are a lot of messages you may need to wait until all the folders are updated, as it downloads the mail headers first.

There may be a delay while this happens.

If you delete a message in Thunderbird, it will delete it from the BT server.

You can select multiple messages at a time, and then click on "delete"

polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 37

Thanks really helpful.   Could I also ask I have posted on the site about email changed overnight.  I still do not have the correct email showing, I currently have the basic one as I could not cope with the sponsored links etc on the other, now if I click switch to the newest yahoo email it comes up with welcome to yahoo mail with a box to say I accept! what should I do, this is also confusing.

It said would revert back overnight but in my case it hasnt!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 36 of 37

@polish wrote:

Could I also ask I have posted on the site about email changed overnight.

You and one other. I've alerted the moderators to that thread as they may not have picked it up yet. Best to keep anything else on that issue on the other thread.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 37

It looks as though last night's activities weren't entirely successful!! Others haven't been reverted either. Its best to keep an eye on the other thread for progress, maybe one of the mods could comment?

Clashed with pp