cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 151 of 210

Re: Transfer to BT Mail

@MissJW wrote:
Barleycat - can your wife read her old emails etc? I was under the impression at changeover you would retain your openworld address (If that's what you had). If she can still access all her existing emails then that might be a way out for me as I have been told by BT support today that engineers are working the issue but it could take up to 48 hours.....not sure how long they've been saying that though - looked like a generic response to me so it could be days old!

Hi.

The email address bit in the mail account setting shouldn't really matter, it's the username for login to the server that appears to be causing the issue.

In the account, for the username - try entering one of these :-

1. stub portion only - i.e bit before the @

@2. stub and @btinternet.com

@3. stub and @btopenworld.com

Try them in turn to see if any of them work. Note that this is not the Email address field, but the username for login.

@Receipt for @btinternet.com or @btopenworld.com should be unaffected.

0 Ratings
Barleycat
Message 152 of 210

MissJW

My wife still receives emails sent to her xx@btopenworld address, it appears just the account setup need to be xx@btinternet.com. Seems clear as mud to me, but whilst it is all working OK I will leave well alone. However I feel there are more problems lurking ahead......

0 Ratings
Petros
Aspiring Contributor
Message 153 of 210

My migration appears to have been effected this morning. Discovered when I found the settings for sending mail no longer worked. (Outlook 2003, POP3 and Windows 8)

Having tried several options, deleting and adding accounts, IMAP and POP3, Outlook now refuses to connect with either incoming or outgoing mail servers

0 Ratings
panzerjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 154 of 210

And after all the effort you will find that the email service is not as good as the one it replaces. Nice one BT....not!

0 Ratings
MissJW
Beginner
Message 155 of 210

Seems the @btinternet.com works!!! I was just concerned that all my emails would disappear!! They're all still there and I can send again!! Thanks all for help offered!! 😊
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 156 of 210

@panzerjohn wrote:

And after all the effort you will find that the email service is not as good as the one it replaces. Nice one BT....not!

Please elaborate.

0 Ratings
panzerjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 157 of 210

IMO it's slower, not as intuative, poorly laid out,fiddly, and has lost some features, auto complete of addresses from contacts being one.I can't even work out how to flag an email! The work pane is too small, bounded on the left by a too large selection list and on the right by annoying advertising, the top banner also takes too much space and I have reduced all as much as I can. You have log in every time which is a pain. The text is too small,the colours indistinct, shall I go on? It's all about the advertising revenue for BT, sod the customer, the whole changeover seems to have been poorly palnned and executed, you can tell they were expecting big problems as this has been done in batches. I am seriously considering finding another provider.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 158 of 210

Well if you will use webmail rather than a mail client!! I just cannot understand this fascination for webmail, try a mail client, the experience is much better.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gspearson
Expert
Message 159 of 210

just use something like Windows Live Mail (free) or Outlook (expensive) - then you never need to see the webmail thing again.

0 Ratings
Fleetwood501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 160 of 210

Delighted to see MissJW's problems are fixed but mine remain, changing vaious parts of the username and password have had no effect. I was always @btinternet.com anyway, I did not have a btopenworld address (as far as I know). I also dislike the new program for the same reasons stated but thankfully I will not have to see it again if ever I manage to get Outlook 2007 to accept my username and password.

0 Ratings