cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrecker
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Transfer to Bt mail server

That would appear to be the status quo. As a customer having been directed to take certain steps to secure access to other groups if the migration is cancelled for what ever region I would expect as normal courtesy for some formal notification that that migration has not happened and a apology for the trouble cause. But then I am only a customer and do not matter to the BT Group I note the Mods have been silent on this matter
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 16

@wreckerwrote:
That would appear to be the status quo. As a customer having been directed to take certain steps to secure access to other groups if the migration is cancelled for what ever region I would expect as normal courtesy for some formal notification that that migration has not happened and a apology for the trouble cause. But then I am only a customer and do not matter to the BT Group I note the Mods have been silent on this matter

But it was stopped almost 4 years ago!

At the time, it was effectively done silently.

Not sure what you mean by:

"As a customer having been directed to take certain steps to secure access to other groups if the migration is cancelled"

nothing has actually really changed. There are a couple of different features in webmail, but using a client/app there is no difference.

0 Ratings
wrecker
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

I am afraid you are missing the point . Having formally told me by email that I was being migrated to the BT server When they new that was not going to happen the should have formally advised that it had been cancelled. They are after all a communications company. The reason I an annoyed that i have not been migrated is two fold. 1, the poor security record of Yahoo/Oath. 2, I cannot auto forward emails from my Bt/Yahoo email account.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

@wrecker wrote:
I am afraid you are missing the point . Having formally told me by email that I was being migrated to the BT server When they new that was not going to happen the should have formally advised that it had been cancelled. They are after all a communications company. The reason I an annoyed that i have not been migrated is two fold. 1, the poor security record of Yahoo/Oath. 2, I cannot auto forward emails from my Bt/Yahoo email account.

While I agree that BT could have done more to inform their customers that the email migration was put on hold for an undisclosed period of time and perhaps never to restart but I find it odd that you are now raising this as an issue four years after the event. 

I also find it odd that you are only now worried about the poor security record of Yahoo. The last breach as far as I am aware was in 2013/14. If I was that concerned I would have moved email providers as soon as it was made public in 2016.

As regards email forwarding, you will probably find that the email account that you are wanting to forward to has a "fetch" option that you could set up in order to retrieve/fetch your BTYahoo emails.

Having said all that the best option is to move to another non ISP email provider such as gmail and to use an email client. An email client can be set up to access numerous email accounts and saves you having to forward or access your email via webmal. 

0 Ratings
lewisdm
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

I have just spent an hour on the phone with BT  As the other responses here indicate there is no move to the BT Mail server, so I was completely misled on Friday.  Whilst I can now access my emails, I can only do this from Google, not IE.  It is now also in new format whereby emails are collated under one entry, so if I want to look for a specific email it can be very difficult as it may be in the middle of a chain at a completely different time/day.  Is there anyway I can set it up so that every email or reply is stored separately ?

I suppose I should be gratfeul they called when they said they would ! When I asked about BT Mail I was told it was out of their hands, so still not saying it will not happen

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

I can assure you that the BT email migration is NOT going to happen any time soon, if at all.

When you say " I can only do this from Google, not IE"  do you mean you can only access your email via the Google Chrome browser and not Internet Explorer or do you mean you can only access your email via Google's email service gmail?

If it is via Chrome you need to turn off "conversations" . To do that log onto your email account and at the right hand side you will see a button named "Change View". Click on that and scroll down to "Conversation View" and untick it by clicking on it.

To try and get access via Internet Explorer you should try deleting the browsers history and cookies. To do that open the browser and click on Tools then Internet Options > General > Browsing History > Delete > Tick the first three boxes then click Delete. Once this has been done try and access your email via this link

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings