Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trevcjohnson
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Transferring Email from one BT account to another

Go to solution

I have an email address I would like transferring to another BT account. I've see that some mods say "contact the mod" to request this but can't see that option on the mods profiles.  Am I missing the obvious!  If any mod can help me transfer my email address it would be a great help.

Best Wish Trevor

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Transferring Email from one BT account to another

Go to solution

Hi @trevcjohnson

Have you tried the  Online Email Team ? Give them a try, and let us know how you get on. If we need to get a mod to help we can, but they normally ask you try the chat team first.

0 Ratings
trevcjohnson
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Dean007,

I contacted them and someone called Muthahar said this

Thanks for the confirmation, for this you need to speak to our BT Premium mail department who will keep your e mail account active for you by placing an order. The contact number is 0808 100 6778 9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Saturday and Sunday.

After further conversation this was the response

I understand that, when you want to close the services with us and you require only the e mail service to be active then they take care by placing an order request to keep only the e mail account as active.

Muthahar then just dissappeared after that and didn't respond any further.

Not the best support I've had to be honest, maybe it was an autobot responding.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @trevcjohnson

Thanks for the comments and welcome to the community.  I am sorry that when calling BT you were not given the support you required.

Us moderators can help sort this out for you.  Before we get your details BT have put together a help article which will give you instructions on how you can achieve this move yourself.  Would you mind clicking on this link and running through the instructions please? >> Can I move my BT email address to another acccount? <<

This is quite a common request so BT allowing customers to make this change themselves makes complete sense and provided this works for you I think we can start promoting this help link across our email board.

Please post back here once you have had the chance to try and let me know how it goes?

Cheers,

Robbie

trevcjohnson
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks that worked a treat maybe the online team could get some training. Best wishes Trevor
0 Ratings