Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Transferring From BT Yahoo to BT Mail?

Go to solution

Hey all.

I've been a BT customer for years but have only just set up a BT email address. However, the email address is on the BT Yahoo system and not the (what I think is) the new BT system. Is there a way to get this changed over?

BT Yahoo doesn't have an option for forwarding mail, which is something I find useful, and something I've heard BT Mail lets you do. Is this correct please? And if so how can I change over, please?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Transferring From BT Yahoo to BT Mail?

Go to solution

A few things, first of all why on earth do you want a btinternet email address particularly if you are going to forward it anyway. Secondly you cannot be moved from one system to the other. Both systems allow forwarding, if you are definitely on the BTYahoo system you need to go to settings > more settings > switch to basic mail. Once you are using the basic mail interface go to Settings and click on 'Go' there is an option to forward mails on the resultant page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Transferring From BT Yahoo to BT Mail?

Go to solution

I like to use different emails for different things, but sometimes if I'm away it's easier to get mail forwarded to the one address so I'm not trying to check all of them.

Thanks. Your steps worked. When I Googled it said that BT Yahoo didn't allow forwarding anymore, which is why I asked about transferring it but I've managed to set up forwarding now, so thank you. 🙂

0 Ratings