cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJP_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Transferring an affiliate e-mail account to the users own BT ID - moderator help please

Go to solution

I know this question has been asked before...

I wish to transfer an affiliate e-mail address to the users own BT ID account.

There is no obvious way to do this without intervention from forum moderators.

I would appreciate any help or guidance.

Thanks

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Message 2 of 15

Re: Transferring an affiliate e-mail account to the users own BT ID - moderator help please

Go to solution

Hi @NJP_ Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting about moving an email address to the owner's own BTID.

Please can you login to your BTID and add the email address to your BTID as this will help speed up the transfer. Then drop us over the details and we will be happy to help you with this. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
sirrush4
Message 3 of 15

Re: Transferring an affiliate e-mail account to the users own BT ID - moderator help please

Go to solution
Hi John,
I’m Jess, you’ve been trying to get hold of me to discuss getting my email address separated from my dads BT account. I am still on call at the moment, but am with my phone. I am on call again tomorrow morning but should be finished by 10-10.30. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @NJP_ Thanks for taking my call earlier. As agreed can you try and add the email address to your BTID and post back and let me know hoe you get on. Once it's added I can then complete the transfer.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
NJP_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
Hello John, I am unable to add her account (sxxxxxh@btinternet.com) to my BT ID as every attempt to log in ends with the password not recognised, and I have been temporarily locked out for the second time. I don't want to keep trying in case I permanently disable the account.. Sorry.! Is there anything else she can do to 'claim' her e-mail account? She has confirmed her password to me and that it was valid. I'm afraid I don't understand why this is failing via my BT ID log in when I try to add it. The pop up on that page specifically says don't add it if it belongs to someone else, and that they should be able to add it when they next log in.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @NJP_ Thanks for trying that for me and best not to keep trying as I don't want either of you locked out of your accounts. Leave it with me and I'll try a different approach and let you know how I get on.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
NJP_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
Hello John,
Any developments with the transfer of the mailbox to Jess's BT ID?
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @NJP_ Don't worry I have been discussing ways to get round the problem with our email experts. I'll have more information next week and will keep you updated.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
NJP_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
Helo JohnC2, I picked up your message and tried again to add the e-mail account s*****h@btinternet.com to my BT ID, using the e-mail account password she confirmed as valid, but it still returned an error message saying password not recognised. I am not going to keep trying different passwords for fear of locking the account.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @NJP_ Thanks for trying that again. I'll go back to our email experts and see how they can work around this error and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings