Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Transferring email addresses

Go to solution

As we cannot use disposable email addresses to send emails from this month I have set up additional B.T. email addresses.
How do I transfer my contact email addresses to the 'new' B.T.email addresses please?
 Also how can I go direct to my B.T. mail page where all the 'new' addresses are available in a drop down menu?
At the present I have to login to My B.T. then go to 'Mail'.
I have tried different methods to no avail.
Thank you, Susan J.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Transferring email addresses

Go to solution

Log onto your original email account that has your contacts. Click on "contacts" then go to "actions". Scroll down to "export contacts". This will download your contacts to your download folder. It will be named "contacts".

Now log onto the email account that you want your contacts exported to. Again click on "contacts" then "actions" then "import". A small box will open. Click on the "Choose file" link and a new box will open. Locate the download folder where you exported the contacts file to and select the "contacts" file then click open.

This should load all your contacts into your new email account.

As regards the drop down box, if my memory is correct BT did away with that feature.

You could use an email client such as Thunderbird or Outlook which would allow you have all your email addresses in the one place.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Transferring email addresses

Go to solution

Thank you very, very  much. Easy when you know how.  Just done it to my other B.T. email addresses in less than 5 minutes. I have been spending ages moving some email addresses, individually via copy and paste.

On the other subject, thank you for the information. If I go to My BT logon/in and then go to Mail I get the primary email page with a drop down menu and then I can switch to my other B.T. addresses.

Thank you very much again.
Susan J.

0 Ratings