cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Trouble accessing emails

Hello,  I've recently got a new tablet and can't set my emails up on it.  When I tried to login via browser instead of an email app it told me my email was no longer valid (or words to that affect).

It currently check emails via an amazon kindle tablet and use it on a regular basis and am still getting messages through so it is still very much active.  I spoke to someone on the phone who wasn't able to help and told me to download the BT app which I did and that just brings up billing information.

Help - I don't want to change my email address and want to use my new tablet as the old one which is currently the only way I can check emails is on it's way out.

Thanks, Carol

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Trouble accessing emails

Hi Carol.

What app are you using on the tablet?

What happens when you try webmail (via browser) access on your kindle tablet? As you can still use that to access the emails, you must have entered something wrong in the browser with regard email address or password.

Can you try the following in the browser :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

(if you're not already doing that).

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

When I login via that link it tells me my email address is no longer active.  Yet when I spoke to someone at BT they told me it was.  I'm trying to use the gmail app to get emails, the app works as my daughter managed to link her email to it, so the issue is with my email address.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Hi again.

That's very weird, that you can use the kindle to get your emails, but not on webmail - it's nearly always the other way around!

Sorry for an inference, but can you make 100% sure that you're checking the correct email address, matched exactly what's on the kindle. A few users over the years have kindly reported they made this mistake.

Of course, I'm not saying that this is the case, but all avenues need to be checked.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I will double/triple check but it's the only email address I've got.  Can log into webmail and it has a section saying this is your email address and it has it there correct, but when I click go to inbox it tells me it's inactive/no longer active. It stumped the lady on the phone too...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the info, and again my apologies.

I believe that moderator intervention is required. Hopefully they will see your post and invite you to contact them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thanks hopefully they see it and help.  The only thing I can think is that because I only ever check email on my kindle and never log in via webmail my account has been deactivated some how.  But how I am still able to send and receive via kindle I'm not sure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

@CarolVerity wrote:
The only thing I can think is that because I only ever check email on my kindle and never log in via webmail my account has been deactivated some how

I'm afraid various people in the support helpdesk have said that, which is actually completely untrue. The act of accessing the account using any method is enough to keep the account active.

The only other things to try is different computers in different locations, to see if webmail access is available elsewhere, to eliminate your own stuff.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Hi @CarolVerity Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you are unable to access your emails.

We will be happy to help you with this problem if you send us the details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings