cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bltfreefly
Beginner
Message 1 of 36

Trying to Access my Email via Yahoo webmail (like normal) and getting redirected to BT page - help!

Go to solution

Hi,

I normally access my email account via the Yahoo web mail option. However, I am now being redirected back to BT homepage to log in.

My email still works fine on my phone but it's frustrating not to be able to access the email account properly. 

How come this has started happening and how can it be fixed? Is this a BT issue or Yahoo issue?

A moderator's help would be much appreciated.

James

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 36

Re: Trying to Access my Email via Yahoo webmail (like normal) and getting redirected to BT page - he

Go to solution

If you have an @btinternet.com email address then accessiing it  via Yahoo is not the 'proper' way to access it.  The direct and correct login for all @btinternet.com addresses whether BTYahoo or BTMail is https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...

0 Ratings
Bltfreefly
Beginner
Message 3 of 36

Re: Trying to Access my Email via Yahoo webmail (like normal) and getting redirected to BT page - he

Go to solution

And if you are no longer a BT customer? 

Yahoo was the service provider when I started using the email account and it has worked for years like this. I'd continue to like using the email as I have done so I am asking what just changed and how I can go back to using it as I have been.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 36

Go to solution

Are you talking about an @btinternet.com email address or an @Yahoo.com email address? 

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 36

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Are you talking about an @btinternet.com email address or an @Yahoo.com email address? 

Thats a very important point @licquorice, assuming it is a btyahoo account i.e. *******@btinternet.com then the yahoo route does still work. I can both use the BTYahoo email and I can also use yahoo's other services - I use a number of hte non email things. Once you have logged into BTYahoo you can go to another tab and just use yahoo.com and all the yahoo services are available to you including being able to see last 5/6 messages in mail on the right hand mail hovver.

I am able to access all my yahoo and btyahoo emails from the yahoo.com start point and the added bonus, as long as I am not in incognito, is that I do not have to type in the email address just the email address. 

0 Ratings
claretjohn
Beginner
Message 6 of 36

Go to solution

I have the same problem. I have a @btinternet.com address and until about 10 days ago I was able to open my emails without signing in ie. just clicking the mail icon. I believe I was using Yahoo.

Since then and when I click the icon I get a BT sign in screen that requires me to enter email address and password every time. This is so annoying and why should this suddenly happen without me changing settings etc.

0 Ratings
Bltfreefly
Beginner
Message 7 of 36

Go to solution

I have a @btinternet.com email address.

I was a BT customer and when I got my address some 15+ years ago Yahoo were the email service provider. This has since changed I'm sure but that is the history.

I've been able to access emails via Yahoo for years until this week.

When I try to check Yahoo Finance (nothing to do with email) I get redirected back to BT home page again.

i.e. anything Yahoo is being sent to BT. 

If you google the topic other people have had issues but I can't see any solutions apart from BT moderators stepping in to help directly.

0 Ratings
Bltfreefly
Beginner
Message 8 of 36

Go to solution

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-Yahoo-Suddenly-hijacking-my-Yahoo-email/td-p/1739591

See this thread. Same thing. Someone eventually helps but no general advice on how to sort it out. Is this a Yahoo or BT issue and more importantly if someone from BT can help please do so!

0 Ratings
Bltfreefly
Beginner
Message 9 of 36

Go to solution

Lots of other people reporting this issue over the last few days. Something has clearly happened somewhere.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 36

Go to solution

The issue is @btinternet.com email addresses should not be accessed via Yahoo, the fact that Yahoo supply some of the bt email addresses is irrelevant, there is a common login for both mail systems which should be used. The whole point of having a common login is it makes the system completely agnostic to actual service supplier.

If you are no longer a BTbroadband customer, then unless you take out Premium mail at £7.50/pm  (which is accessed in exactly the same way) your email address will be deleted.

0 Ratings