cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebard24
Beginner
Message 31 of 36

Re: Trying to Access my Email via Yahoo webmail (like normal) and getting redirected to BT page - he

Go to solution

This is very poor. Some recent huge deterioration .

1) I cannot access Yahoo Finance at all now. Everytime, I try to access it, it goes to BTMail, whichafter access, says  site says is down.

is Yahoo Finance out of action for UK BT customers ? if not how do I access the porfolios I have been using for last 5 years please ? 

2) All my mails in Yahoo mail after a few seconds automatically go into deleted mail folder. Even after I put them back into mail inbox, they still automatically go to deleted. 

definate gremlins got in there ....

0 Ratings
thebard24
Beginner
Message 32 of 36

Re: Trying to Access my Email via Yahoo webmail (like normal) and getting redirected to BT page - he

Go to solution

1) I cannot access Yahoo Finance at all now. Everytime, I try to access it, it goes to BTMail, whichafter access, says  site says is down.

is Yahoo Finance out of action for UK BT customers ? if not how do I access the porfolios I have been using for last 5 years please ? 

2) All my mails in Yahoo mail after a few seconds automatically go into deleted mail folder. Even after I put them back into mail inbox, they still automatically go to deleted. 

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 33 of 36

Go to solution

@thebard24wrote:

for me i login to mail via yahoo.com or yahoo.co.uk if outside of the uk. In my case yahoo has all my accounts as a list and i just click my master(main email) account and it switches into the BT side with my email id already loaded and I just have to enter my password. I then open up a new tab and use yahoo.co.uk again and get the yahoo front screen.

Just select finance option in the menu and it should have your portfolio available. You may have to open up a portfolio option but lately my portfolio just seems to be available without this option on the main screen.

Hopefully that will work for you.

At the moment though my phone/tab imap versions are struggling to sync, keeps asking me for password but nothing is happening. webmail works though.

0 Ratings
thebard24
Beginner
Message 34 of 36

Go to solution

I wish it were that easy. from UK all attempts to access ANY of yahoo, revert back to BT now and there after fail. For last few weeks, I have had this msg. 

"

Sorry

We're experiencing a temporary problem with Email and are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later.

Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

Also cannot view my bills on BT website as error there. It really is not fit for purpose if BT get involved - just want to access Yahoo but sadly, BT is in the way as I have a BT broadband email accounts account, that is @Btinternet  I have set up a seperate account with yahoo.com with yahoo email (no mention of BT) and so far it works ok but have to start from scratch with all my portfolios etc. Gawd, I hate BT ....

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 35 of 36

Go to solution

I'm not in uk at the moment but both myself and my wife can access yahoo and the bt side if we use the yahoo.co.uk items for the yahoo parts. I can see my portfolios on my account using the yahoo menu options. when connected to yahoo. I do agree about the BT id part and try not to use it if i can help it except to get my bills pdfs.

Not really much help to you though i'm afraid and must be very frustrating for you, my phones and tabs cannot get emails at the moment but thanksfully i have web access.

Perhaps someone from the BT support team on here will be along soon although they are quite busy most days, they are very good IMHO. Failing that I'd recomend voicing your frustrations to the BT CEO you can find their email by looking up CEO email on google. I'm not allowed to post it on here so its best you just look them up. find their name online might be another way to contact them they will usually just pass it on to the exec team but sometimes if you voice the subject in an innovtive  way they may actually appologise themselves.

edit: I've just noticed this is a closed message so it may be that no one is monitoring it anymore.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 36 of 36

Go to solution

have you tried clearing all your cookies, I know this sounds daft but id also close the brower and reboot my pc, assumng its a pc of course. I usually get frustrated when suport people suggest that one and usually ask them to try other things first as its a frontline cop out option but sometimes it can make things work again if all else fails.

I usually try another browser too, i keep 4 different ones on my machine for such an occasion. I use chrome 100% of the time with all manor of extensions onboard so switching to a clean browser, but vivaldi is quite a good option and sometimes proves its not your end.

0 Ratings