cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Trying to cancel bt email

I have been trying and failing to cancel my bt email account.

The difficulty i have is that when you call the number to cancel they request your landline and i do not have a landline or any other products with bt.

Please advise

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Trying to cancel bt email

Don't do anything, your address will be ceased eventually

Don't access it or it will keep it alive.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for your reply. However I believe it is a premium email which I pay monthly for . I cancelled my direct debit and have now received a debt recovery letter. As original post they gave me a number to call but I don’t have a landline. And so it continues!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

You didn't mention it was premium mail.

Give the premium mail team a call

0808 100 6778

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Why do you need a landline to call them. a mobile will work just as well.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@Amandat1 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. However I believe it is a premium email which I pay monthly for . I cancelled my direct debit and have now received a debt recovery letter. As original post they gave me a number to call but I don’t have a landline. And so it continues!

Cancelling a Direct Debit does not cancel your contract with BT Premium email, all it does, as you have now found out is to cancel your payment method and it puts you into debt with an unpaid bill for your contracted service.

You will need to call the BT Premium email team on 0808.100.6778 and cancel the account with them and you could also try to negotiate not have to pay the debt however if you have accessed the email account at any point up to the date that the BT Premium email team do cancel it you will be liable for payment for that month.

As has been pointed out, you do not need a landline to call that number. A mobile phone will work as will using a call box or a friends phone.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

When you call the number provided there is a recorded message stating please recite the landline number you are calling about, I don’t have a landline number in my name and haven’t for many years 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for this your response is much appreciated

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

BT really are living in the dark ages trying to associate everything to a phone number that many people no longer have.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Given that those consumers that pay separately for premium email are not likely to be BT customers ( as Email for the majority of BT broadband customers is included for free ) and that entering a BT phone number is requested so your account information is already retrieved and presented automatically as your call is answered by the representative, then at best they would be entering a non BT number and it would be of no use in your retrieving records.

Try and enter anything or hold on until you are put you through, most systems do this if no input is made , are you definitely calling the correct number and not the general BT customer service number as it’s seems ludicrous to ask  non BT customers to enter a phone number 

0 Ratings