cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cassie
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Trying to change my password with BTYahoo, the security question is one I can't remember being asked

I wish to change my e-mail password but haven't a clue about the security question or answer.

Favourite colour?

I have changed it before after a warning from BT but forgotten it, although I can access everything on my own devices I could do with knowing it/changing it for  access when away from them.

I also seem to have 2 passwords for my MyBT, unfortunately neither is my e-mail password.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Trying to change my password with BTYahoo, the security question is one I can't remember being a

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Trying to change my password with BTYahoo, the security question is one I can't remember being a

Forum members can not help you if you don't know the security answers. You will need to contact BT and explain the problem to them. They may have to send you a code by post that you can use.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Cassie
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I already have a security question and know the answer but that seems to be just for My BT. password

This all started when my other half decided he wanted to download  the BT TV app for his iPhone and asked for my password.

I couldn't remember it, as it is stored in all of my devices, tried a few I thought it was but it kept locking me out.

I really can't for the life of me remember if I'd even chosen a favourite colour for my security question when I last changed my password, 

Looking back over some of the problems on here with MyBT passord getting mixed up with e-mail passwords I think I'll just leave it for now. 

I think I prefer the security questions that most of the banks use, after all , you can't forget your childs middle name!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@Cassie wrote:

I think I prefer the security questions that most of the banks use, after all , you can't forget your childs middle name!

Only if you use a real answer! It is more secure to use something made up.

0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Well, tried about 7 colours, none of them my favourite as I haven't got one! So been locked out for 15mins. Haven't tried sky-blue pink yet though!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Smiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Ratings