Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jellicle
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Trying to set up autoforwarding from my BT Yahoo account

Go to solution

@licquorice I don't have Gmail, but I do have a GMX account and an email account associated with my personal website. I could investigate how to fetch email from those.

Thanks. 

Edit. Just set up gmail.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Hey All,

After you log into your BT Yahoo Mail account, go to the Settings > Mailboxes and select the mailbox in question.

It should allow you to make changes there.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Yep, my mistake, I forgot they moved the forwarding option to a different location when they re-instated it. Smiley Embarassed

Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

@Jelliclewrote:

I want to set up autoforwarding from my BT Yahoo email account. The instructions given by BT are for BT mail. The toolbar in BT Yahoo is different and the settings in BT Yahoo don't seem to have  the route: Mail option > Manage your email > From the drop-down menu select "Auto forward".

Is it possible to set up autoforwarding from BT Yahoo? 

It's not easy to find it, but it's :-

Click the cog top right, choose ... More settings, Mailboxes (on the left), then click on the mailbox, at the bottom of the internal window there is the Forwarding option. Make sure you press Save after. (Note it will need verifying).

You will still need to login to your BTinternet email address at least once every 90 days, the act of forwarding may not be seen as accessing the account.

0 Ratings
Jellicle
Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you very much. You're right: it isn't easy. I have set up forwarding and verified it. 

Can I ensure that the emails remain on BT's webmail server? I assume that my emails will still be sent to my Outlook - am I right?

I will definitely log into my BT email address - I am in the habit of doing so regularly to check the spam folder.  

0 Ratings
Jellicle
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Oh! This via BT's faults page:

We are aware that some customers are facing issues with sending and receiving emails via their Yahoo! BT Mail. Can customers please reset their password to gain access to their emails. [My bold]

Yahoo! are in the process of implementing a fix.

Further updates will be provided on this page.

Is resetting the password wise? I have always just left things as they are till they sort themselves out.  I have access to webmail so my password evidently works.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

That is the generic answer for every thing with Yahoo and BT.

If you can access your email via webmail it is obvious that there is nothing wrong with your password. I would advise against changing it.

Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

@Jelliclewrote:

Oh! This via BT's faults page:

We are aware that some customers are facing issues with sending and receiving emails via their Yahoo! BT Mail. Can customers please reset their password to gain access to their emails. [My bold]

Yahoo! are in the process of implementing a fix.

Further updates will be provided on this page.

Is resetting the password wise? I have always just left things as they are till they sort themselves out.  I have access to webmail so my password evidently works.

It is utter garbage, and not true about changing password - and is NOT in any way recommended.

There's a fault banner at the webmail login page :-

We've had reports of a problem with BT Yahoo Mail. We're working to establish what's wrong and will provide updates soon. Sorry if you're affected

BT don't have any idea what they are doing.

0 Ratings
Jellicle
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

That's what I thought - a default message., which is where their Twitter feed is sending people.

Imagine goodness knows how many clients all changing their password at the same time.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate your time in resolving my initial question.

0 Ratings