cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissVictoria
Contributor
Message 1 of 24

URGENT Please Help - email account hacked and personal details changed

My BT email was hacked sometime last night and the hacker has changed my personal security questions so I can't reset my password.

I have been on the phone to so many departments for the last 3 hours and none of them can help.

I've been told I need my date of birth and mothers maiden name but they have been changed so I can't give it to them. Then another dept asked me for the account number of a defunct broadband account  from 4 years ago which I obviously dont have.

What can I do?? Is there a number of someone who can actually help as I'm now getting so upset that all my personal emails and info stored is now being viewed by someone.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: URGENT Please Help - email account hacked and personal details changed

try live chat

live chat

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 24

You should contact the following number which may be the one you have already been using. It will be difficult for BT to help you if you can't give them either the security questions or the account number. They are needed to stop just anybody asking the account password to be reset.

If they have your home address on record you could ask them if they could reset your password and send out the details to your home address. It might be acceptable to them as a security measure.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/5627,5629#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2MjciLCJzdGVwSW...

0 Ratings
MissVictoria
Contributor
Message 4 of 24

Live chat were rubbish. I tried 2 times with 3 different staff and none of them could help.

0 Ratings
MissVictoria
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

There must be a tel no of a team that deal with this sort of thing

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

The number I gave you in the link is where you have to contact them. Tell them it is about a hacked email account.

0 Ratings
MissVictoria
Contributor
Message 7 of 24

You didn't give a number you gave a link to the BT generic help pages. Which have been unhelpful so far.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

It should have linked through, here is the number 0800 111 4567

0 Ratings
MissVictoria
Contributor
Message 9 of 24

I've already called that number twice and they say because I can't give them my security questions they can't help. But I can't give them the answers because some scumbag has changed them.

BY must have a team who deal with stuff like this???

0 Ratings
MissVictoria
Contributor
Message 10 of 24

That number also just takes you to a selection of numbers and when you press for compromised email it then has a voice recognition which when you then say compromised account it doesn't recognise this and then put you in a queue, It's useless.

0 Ratings