cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark117
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Unable To Reset My Password

I've recently moved to a new laptop and my passwords all needed to be re-entered, I can't remember one of my BT email account passwords as I think I chose a machine generated password (I'll never guess it). I do have the email working on my phone, but I can't recover the password from there.

I have followed the instructions to reset the password by confirming my BT ID details and it gives me an error message saying it doesn't recognise the details I have provided. I have tried all the different options provided and nothing appears to work.

The annoying thing is the email address is for my company and I need it running on my laptop as soon as possible.

Grateful for any ideas.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable To Reset My Password

if this is a business email address for your business then you need to go to https://business.forums.bt.com/

this is a residential forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mark117
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

This isn't for a business account. I am a one man band using my home BT account and have set the email up on there.

Any help gratefully recieved.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

sorry misunderstood  didn't realise you were running your business on residential line

if you can access from phone have you tried changing to desktop view as that will give all options whereas mobile view is restricted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mark117
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I'm trying to reset on my desktop, I did look at doing it on my phone, but the veiw was restricted as you say.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

but surely if you can access on desktop view on phone and change password then you will be able to access with new password on pc

0 Ratings
Mark117
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I think I may have miss understood your previous comment. I am unable to change password on either my phone or laptop. The issue is I cannot reset my password and I when I follow the reset process my 'Primary account holder' details are not recognised.

Example screen below

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 09.55.14.png

0 Ratings