cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ihcameron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Unable to Download Word & Excel Docs

Windows in their wisdom have recently updated my Windows 10 - since that I have been unable to download any word or excel document sent via email to my btinternet account.  Each time I try I get a message saying there has been an error - any suggestions please.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to Download Word & Excel Docs

I presume you mean other than sugesting you "downgrade" to Windows 7 Smiley Wink

How are you accessing your email, is it through an email client, an app or a web browser. If so which one.

How are you trying to download it. Are you double clicking or right clicking. What is the error code or message?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

@ihcameron wrote:

Windows in their wisdom have recently updated my Windows 10 - since that I have been unable to download any word or excel document sent via email to my btinternet account.  Each time I try I get a message saying there has been an error - any suggestions please.

Hi.

How are you accessing your emails ? Is it via a browser or mail client ?

Is there any more details about the error ?

Chances are it could be a security issue interference. Some systems dislike various word or excel extensions.

0 Ratings
ihcameron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I use the BT web email system - if I try to access a document sent in an email I place the cursor on the image of the file and a message "dowload file" appears if I click on this a message appears stating "an error has occured"

I have forwarded the email plus the files to a gmail account I have and am able to open the files from there so it must be a BT problem

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

What browser are you using and have you tried right clicking on the attachment?

0 Ratings