Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Efia
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Unable to access BT Email account

Go to solution

Hello, I hope that somebody might be able to help me! I believe that this is an issue that a few people have experienced, although after having no luck through the online chat support I'm not quite sure what to do next.

For the past month I've not been able to log into my BT email account. When I sign into My BT it shows that my BT Email is active. If I click the Manage BT Email link it shows my email address with a button to 'Go to Inbox'. Clicking this redirects me to the yahoo login page. When I enter my email address here I receive the message 'Sorry, we don't recognise this email address' and can go no further.

I've spoken to two advisors on the online chat support, but both calls ended abruptly and without explanation. Before the first call cut off, the advisor simply stated 'Your bt email and your bt yahoo email are the same but platform are different.' Unfortunately this left me still feeling very much in the dark about the problem and how to access my email! It might be useful to mention that I'm not the main account holder, and that mine is a sub-account that I've held for many years.

I wonder if somewhere in a switch over from having a BT Yahoo email account to it becoming a BT Email account that something has gone wrong and my account is stuck somewhere in limbo!? I understand that accounts that aren't accessed within so many days are deactivated, but I am fairly certain I have accessed my emails within the past three months and this is something that has changed in the past month or so. Any advice or help with this would be hugely appreciated!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to access BT Email account

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Efia

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having accessing your email account.  This isn't something the community will be able to help with so you can send us over your details and we'll help you from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Efia The email team have confirmed the account has been re-activated and you should now be access your emails.

Please can you login and check that this is now working for you and post back to let me know.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Efia
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Hi John,

Thank you ever so much for all of your help! I have indeed been able to access my account again and everything is back up and running! I’m really grateful for your assistance and for handling everything so quickly for me.

Best wishes,

Efia
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Efia Thanks for checking that and posting back. Great news to hear you now have access again.

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings